Compact Flash Card won't fit in 2008 Pathfinder LE

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Bandy1080

Compact Flash Card won't fit in 2008 Pathfinder LE

Postby Bandy1080 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:50 pm

Bought a pre-owned 2008 Pathfinder LE and just got a new compact flash car that I wanted to use to play some mp3s. The card looks like it would fit but I can't seem to get it to lock-in.

I bought this one -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820208338

Any help would be greatly appreciated

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:28 am

while i dont have the music box system in my truck... couple things to do.

first things first, don't try to force the card into the slot. you could bend the pins in the back of the slot. in fact, you may want to look into the slot to check if the pins were bent by the previous owner. if they are bent, then your going to have to figure out a way to straighten them. i would suggest you start with a tooth pick or some other non-conductive material. just dont break the pins, or the toothpick. if you have to use something metal, i would turn off the truck and pull the radio fuse (dont want to short anything out when you're monkeying with the pins)

other idea:
make sure you are trying to put the card in right side up. it really should only go in one way, but i suppose if you force it, it may go in upside down.
i dont know if there is an "eject" button for the CF slot. i know on my camera, the CF card can only be ejected by pressing the button (it is a lever system that pushes the card off the pins). if there is an eject button, make sure it is fully pressed in before you insert the card... if there isn't an eject button, then you can probably ignore this suggestion :P

good luck, maybe someone with the music box system can chime in with some direct experience.

~mike

Bandy1080

Postby Bandy1080 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:43 pm

So I finally got it to fit and the radio begins to read it. Unfortunately I get a a read error. Do I need to format the card or something? I just loaded mp3's on it, and I thought that would work. Anyone have any advice?

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 am

it is always recommended that you format new cards prior to first use. note, there may be a file system limitation (i.e. NTFS or FAT32 for windows). you should check the nissan documentation to see if there is a requirement to format with a specific file system.

~mike

Bandy1080

Postby Bandy1080 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:13 am

So I finally got the compact flash card to fit. Anyway, I use itunes to manage all my music. I converted some of my songs into MP3 and then dragged them onto my compact flash card. I still get the card reader error whenever I try to use it in the car. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”