The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Is Louisiana in SW or SE?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbacarisse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Is Louisiana in SW or SE? Reply with quote

What states are we considering the southeast? Louisiana sometimes falls into the southwest because we are west of the Mississippi River.
mcm4090

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golf coast
2005 NISMO CC 4X4-ICON 2.5 coilovers,AC 3 leaf pack,Bilstein shocks, 3" Body lift, Titan front differential, Pathfinder half shafts, 305/70R16, American Outlaw Colt wheels, KMA rear bumper, Black Widow Off Road hi-lift mount, Home made utilitrac spare tire mount, Airflow snorkel, Shrockworks sliders and skids[url="http://www.noas4x4club.com"]Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast[/url]
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Louisiana in SW or SE? Reply with quote

cbacarisse wrote:
What states are we considering the southeast? Louisiana sometimes falls into the southwest because we are west of the Mississippi River.

The "South," the "southeast" or simply a "Southern State." It would never be considered part of the southwest, geographically speaking.
cbacarisse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would be surprised. Louisiana is the red-headed stepchild. I know we are in the gulf south, but we get put into the Southwest category all the time.
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbacarisse wrote:
You would be surprised. Louisiana is the red-headed stepchild. I know we are in the gulf south, but we get put into the Southwest category all the time.

I've seen Louisiana's inclusion a few times myself, but it all depends on the source. Geographers & textbooks do not have it included as part of the southwest. I think the biggest reason so many people mistakenly lump it in with the southwest is just based on historical reasons: back in the 1800's, anything west of the Mississippi was categorized as the "west." When the rest of the country was settled, those geographic boundaries moved.

It really doesn't matter. Conversationally, people can lump it in with the east, assuming you aren't speaking to the 50+ percent of the population who has no clue where anything is. The only analogy I can think of would be the very annoying habit of everyone outside of the west who mispronounce Nevada.
WheatBread

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem being in Arkansas, it's not Southeast nor Southwest, also not the midwest

1993 Pathfinder SE - WD21 - 3" BL, RC UCA's, T-Bars Cranked, JGC Springs,Rear Sway Delete, Rancho 5000's, Thule Roof Rack.........

aka: HeadPeace @ NPORA
MightyP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm a little late in the conversation, but I think if you're originally from The South, LA qualifies as Southwest, but anything north of, say GA is Northern. Very Happy
PIAA 520 ATP Lights
Yakima Safari Rack
BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A 265/75-16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Southeast US All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: