Played in the snow today

Amateur Photographer? Us too. Post your latest choice shots, doesn't necessarily have to be automotive related.

Moderator: volvite

johnathanromero

Played in the snow today

Postby johnathanromero » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:52 pm

56k Go AWAY!!! Sorry for some of the dark pics, my gf got ahold of the camera and it was on manual mode, not auto,lol....she couldnt figure out why the pics were so dark!
the gf..
and my goofy ass about to fall in the snow

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:52 am

Nice!!!... Pictures & girlfriend :D

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:38 am

nice! as a NM-native, i'm curious as to where that is? sandias? jemez?

fat_frog

Postby fat_frog » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Looks like you had a great time in the snow. :)

Just remember, though... Using chains for pulling out a stuck vehicle can be very dangerous. When breaks under load, chains become projectile and cause major injuries or even death. Do yourself a favor and pick up some tow straps rated properly for recovery.

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:27 am

fat_frog wrote:Looks like you had a great time in the snow. :)

Just remember, though... Using chains for pulling out a stuck vehicle can be very dangerous. When breaks under load, chains become projectile and cause major injuries or even death. Do yourself a favor and pick up some tow straps rated properly for recovery.

or just tell your friends to get a real ride and drive a path....lol

johnathanromero

Postby johnathanromero » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:20 pm

lol...we had 2 tow straps on my nissan and a chain on the avalanche...i was up in the sandia mountains on the back road that a lot of off roaders head down to "play" on...It was a lot of fun, cant wait to go back up next weekend possibly. I learned a lot about the pathy's capabilities..both positive and neg...I hate the damn diff's in the pathy, and the limited ground clearance, both issues are fixable...also the off idle tq is not as great as a v8, but it works for daily driving...i do love all the creature comforts it has and after beating on it for 6 hours in the snow on saturday and another 6 hours on sunday, i feel very comfortable with taking it off roading a bit more.

yarilo

Postby yarilo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:06 am

johnathanromero wrote: I learned a lot about the pathy's capabilities..both positive and neg...I hate the damn diff's in the pathy, and the limited ground clearance, both issues are fixable...also the off idle tq is not as great as a v8
Why you think our diff's is so bad and ground clearance isn't enough? Clearance - one of the biggest as I know, diff - Ok, let's install rear locker and you will forget about it completely. Try to use bigger tires and of course it should be a real AT or better MT and you will see...

Max

johnathanromero

Postby johnathanromero » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:48 pm

I have been looking at a 3in lift and some 17in LE rims with 33in tires for next winter....for now i wanna get some more pep into it and help the weak bottom end grunt in the v6. But a locking rear diff is something i may hold off on till my gf and i decide on if we are gonna keep the pathy or get a new(er) one,lol

Return to “Photo Gallery”