New brake pads anyone??

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

G35TR

New brake pads anyone??

Postby G35TR » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:12 am

It's time to replace the pads on the front of the Pathfinder. Anyone have any recommendations? As it is now, it looks like I'm leaning towards EBC green stuff pads. Anyone use these before?

Also, right now I'm only getting noice up front, which are the ones I plan on replacing. Any idea how fast the rears wear compared to the front? Usually with all the cars I've owned (93 Altima & 99 Maxima) the fronts need replacement a little while before the rears. But on the G, all 4 Brembos wore out at the same time. Just wondering if I should just knock out all 4 at the same time, or if I can squeeze another 3k-4K out of the rears, I'll wait till next time i change the oil.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:52 am

I haven't looked into new pads yet. I'm going to see if green stuff has any pads for our trucks. As for the rear pads, usually you change them on the second cycle of the fronts. I would keep an eye on them though.

Green stuff is highly recommended for my Saab as I'm sure for your G, so it can't be bad on a vehicle almost twice the weight.

amr40509

Postby amr40509 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:33 am

How many miles do you have on your stock pads?

I've used the Green Stuff pads before on a previous car for both street and autoX use and really liked them. Haven't looked into anything for the Pathfinder yet though.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”