Major problem fuel pump not workin dont know why!!!!!!!!!!!1

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

Bradwm2

Major problem fuel pump not workin dont know why!!!!!!!!!!!1

Postby Bradwm2 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:00 am

i have a 1995 nissan pathfinder se-v6. i took it offroad and got it sunk in some wet coquina ( i think thats how you spell it) and ended up layin frame. well i ended up gettin my buddys dads old toyota truck to try to pull me out and while he was snatchin on me my truck sounded and acted like it ran out of gas while it was running. so i made an emergency trip to the gas station and put a quarter tank in it. well it wouldnt crank. so we ended up havin the owner of the property lift my truck out of the coquina with a trackhoe and got towed back to my bodys house were we then pulled the fuel pump. as soon as we got the fuel pump out i turned her over and no sound from the fuel pump. so i tore down the fuel pump housing and straight wired it to the battery using audio wire to check if it was still good and as soon as it made a connection the fuel pump kicked on and ran so i know the fuel pump is still good. so next i checked the fuel pump relay and the eccs relay and replaced them just in case and still nothing so i took them back. and put one of the old ones in the other one was damaged when it got ran over by my buddys blazer. so i still have to get one more so i ran the self diagnostic on the eccs and everything checked out fine so i cleared out the codes and checked it again still says its running fine so i cleared and checked 3 more times and every time it said every thing checked out. so i stuck an ohm meter on the wires from the relays and the ground was a lil off on one and another negative lead i dont know wat it is also registered up weird on the ohm meter. anything else i need to check or any suggestions as to what could be wrong? if it helps any the truck will turn over but there is no fuel goin to the motor since the fuel pump doesnt have any power going to it. any tips or suggestions will help greatly shes been down for almost a month and i really need to get her back on the road. thanks

kcpath

Postby kcpath » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:59 am

could be a number of things of course. first thing I would try is the fusible links on the positive battery connection. there are two small sub harness right before the battery clamp, one has a set of three green wires and the other is a set of two red wires. take a piece of wire and jumper over the red and green fusible links...see if that does anything.

There is also a fuel pump fuse on the main fuse block in the cabin on the left side of the steering wheel, I think it's a 10amp.

When you unplug the fuel pump check the harness terminals for voltage with the key in the on position...you only have about 3 seconds until the fuel pump turns off after you turn the key on so you will need a helper. If you have no voltage going back there then it's a fuse, relay or fusible link

Bradwm2

Postby Bradwm2 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:38 pm

well its fixed now when ever my buddy snatched me it cut the wires that runs behind the bar almost dirctly behind the bumper

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”