Show it off!! Recent pics of your Pfinder, let's see 'em!

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Mon May 17, 2010 11:08 am

I thought they were. The US production models dont have headlamp washers at all. no big deal, I just think it is interesting the small production differences for different countries.
Also, the chrome and black part on the lower part of your front bumper... Is that an add on? I notice that the area above the liscense plate and around the fog lamps sticks out further than what I see around here as an oem bumper.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:13 am

@ mako_gc

Is that a flare kit that you added to the wheel openings? I can't tell from the photos if it is an add on flare or a type of spray on bedliner material/two tone paint.

mako_gc

Postby mako_gc » Mon May 17, 2010 11:29 am

BMXPath wrote:I thought they were. The US production models dont have headlamp washers at all. no big deal, I just think it is interesting the small production differences for different countries.
Also, the chrome and black part on the lower part of your front bumper... Is that an add on? I notice that the area above the liscense plate and around the fog lamps sticks out further than what I see around here as an oem bumper.
no, it's a Nissan extra, from the pathfinder catalogue I am affraid it's needed here( they like bumper to bumper parking ) I also had protection fitted at the back!

mako_gc

Postby mako_gc » Mon May 17, 2010 11:37 am

pawjr74 wrote:@ mako_gc

Is that a flare kit that you added to the wheel openings? I can't tell from the photos if it is an add on flare or a type of spray on bedliner material/two tone paint.
Hi PWRJR74, no, them too are from the Nissan catalogue! They are moulded plastic bonded on, again I had them fitted for protection!

Budrbean

Postby Budrbean » Mon May 17, 2010 5:10 pm

mako_gc wrote:Right, polite opinion would of been "I prefer my car basic without any changes" not "that looks ridiculous" I like my ready for any moment, I can go off road, it's set up very nice for that or just driving road town with the 22" it can look different from day to day. I am sure that this forum is all about the pathfinder and not the small mined jealous owners who just leave comments to annoy those who have some personality!!
Dude I am not gonna argue with you. Sorry that you have taken personal offense to my opinion. It was an opinion about your truck, not you. And I promise, jealousy would be the wrong word in this case.

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:42 pm

richardekirby wrote:
xd9-g19 wrote:Image
I like those lights!!! How did you mount them? Did you use included hardware or have to fab up something?
Yep, I just drilled straight through and used the parts included plus a couple extra flat washers.

mako_gc

Postby mako_gc » Mon May 17, 2010 11:46 pm

Budrbean wrote:
mako_gc wrote:Right, polite opinion would of been "I prefer my car basic without any changes" not "that looks ridiculous" I like my ready for any moment, I can go off road, it's set up very nice for that or just driving road town with the 22" it can look different from day to day. I am sure that this forum is all about the pathfinder and not the small mined jealous owners who just leave comments to annoy those who have some personality!!
Dude I am not gonna argue with you. Sorry that you have taken personal offense to my opinion. It was an opinion about your truck, not you. And I promise, jealousy would be the wrong word in this case.
Hey no problem! Not bothered really, yours is the only negative feed back I've ever had , it usually gets good feedback, but that's what this is all about right? You should post pics of your car after all we all had our car basic at first, hey I bought mine because the way it looked, it's a good looking car, I wouldn't of payed 65000$ for it if it wasn't a good looking car!!

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:40 am

mako_gc wrote: I wouldn't of payed 65000$ for it if it wasn't a good looking car!!

you paid $65000 for it ?? :shock: including addons im guessing.

btw, i kind of agree with Budrbean, not really my choice of upgrades.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Tue May 18, 2010 6:44 am

mar1nasr wrote:
Agree

mako_gc

Postby mako_gc » Wed May 19, 2010 1:27 am

mar1nasr wrote:
mako_gc wrote: I wouldn't of payed 65000$ for it if it wasn't a good looking car!!

you paid $65000 for it ?? :shock: including addons im guessing.

Hi mar1nasr, actually in today's money its 57000$ (45000 euro´s) but when I bought the car in 2005 it was about 63-65000 $ and that´s just the Car, the upgrades are apart. But then looking at the pics posted (interiors, under-bodied, etc) you can see a difference in build quality, the cars on sale here are manufactured in Barcelona, the Pathfinder is marketed as a higher class of car here. Nissan have 6-7 (Pathfinder, Navara, X-Trail, Qashqai, Murano, Patrol, Terano) different model´s of off-road cars here. In the market here it competes against the Land Cruisers, Range Rovers etc.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Wed May 19, 2010 9:33 am

I don't really see a huge difference between models sold in the States and those available on the european market. The biggest difference is the availability of diesel engines and manual gearboxes on european models. The rest are little things like headlamp washers, Xenon lights, rear bumper reflectors, etc. They do have more accessories available in their catalogs, however and some of them are very nice. Overall though, I would not say that the build quality or the equipment level is any better that your US-spec LE model. I frequently review one of Russian Pathfinder forums and it seems that Barselona built Pathfinders have same quirky issues - rusting tailgates, failing u-joints, radiator cooler issues - same things we deal with hear. I'm certainly not getting the impression that this is a luxury vehicle of any sort, especially something that would compete with Range Rovers and Land Cruisers. Those are in totally different class in my opinion. Mitsubishi Pajero or L200 will be more like a real competitor. Regarding the 22" combined with plastic flares and clear tails - not my cut of tea either, but whatever makes you happy!

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Wed May 19, 2010 1:43 pm

mako_gc wrote: Hey no problem! Not bothered really, yours is the only negative feed back I've ever had , it usually gets good feedback, but that's what this is all about right?
You don't normally see lifted trucks with low profile tires in the U.S. so my guess is you won't get as much good feedback here. The most common goal with low profile tires is to minimize the wheel / fender gap.

mako_gc

Postby mako_gc » Thu May 20, 2010 12:30 am

AZ_Path wrote:
mako_gc wrote: Hey no problem! Not bothered really, yours is the only negative feed back I've ever had , it usually gets good feedback, but that's what this is all about right?
You don't normally see lifted trucks with low profile tires in the U.S. so my guess is you won't get as much good feedback here. The most common goal with low profile tires is to minimize the wheel / fender gap.
That explains all the bad negative feedback I have had from this forum, thanks for explaining that. Its a shame because I thought this was a forum for mutual admiration for the Nissan Pathfinder after all we all have one thing in common we chose the Pathfinder and how I chose to have it looking is down to taste and every-ones taste are different, I would of thought no opinion is better than a negative opinion, before this I never gave my opinion on a pathfinder I thought was ugly (without sounding bitter there are a few!) its kind of ironic because here every one thinks it looks American!! I raised the car because I wanted a bigger stance and it worked, well, for me it did!

PS. I actually still have the original wheels that came with it for when I go off road, which in all honest is rare this is only an island!

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Sat May 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Now with a 2" lift.

Last edited by pawjr74 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sat May 22, 2010 3:42 pm

looking nice bro.

gonna go for larger tyres ?

Return to “R51 General Chat”