The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
P0455 Code... Grrrrr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suliman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: P0455 Code... Grrrrr Reply with quote

Not sure the issue, maybe you guys have an idea.

I have a 0455 code being thrown (again). I had replaced the gas cap previously hoping that would fix the issue, but low and behold, the code keeps coming back.

So, it seems it could be pointing to the evap canister or the evap vent control.

There is an odd symptom I think it could be leading to the vent control... the gas cap seems to never be tight... I get gas, lock it down, half a tank later the cap is not very tight at all. It could still be sealed, but I'm still surprised how loose it is.

Anyone else get this code before?

I did find the:
http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase.html?linkid=1365&catid=236
Tech

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an EVAP filter kit that you may need to install, requries dropping the spare and drilling some holes. Also the VCV is updated for all the newer Nissan models to one that looks totally different. I presume you're out of warranty? If you don't have access to a smoke machine, you'll have to go vacuum pump and vice grips and clamp off lines, until you find the problem. Also check the cannister for being saturated with mud

Anyone selling their "wood-grain"?

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF ME, I DON'T EXIST!!
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: P0455 Code... Grrrrr Reply with quote

Suliman wrote:
Not sure the issue, maybe you guys have an idea.

I have a 0455 code being thrown (again). I had replaced the gas cap previously hoping that would fix the issue, but low and behold, the code keeps coming back.

So, it seems it could be pointing to the evap canister or the evap vent control.

There is an odd symptom I think it could be leading to the vent control... the gas cap seems to never be tight... I get gas, lock it down, half a tank later the cap is not very tight at all. It could still be sealed, but I'm still surprised how loose it is.

Anyone else get this code before?

I did find the:
http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase.html?linkid=1365&catid=236

I get a P0455 everytime it rains. I assume its due to some debris (cobwebs, dust, etc) in the vent line that get saturated with water when its raining, thus preventing proper air flow and throwing a code.

The SES actually turns off when the weather dries up, and I never get the code when its winter and freezing.

Someday I'll get around to installing the filter kit. Someday....

t

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 343000kms (213000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
Suliman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah of course out of warranty.

What's the VCV?
Tech

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VCV = vent control valve
The solenoid thats on your evap cannister. Controls the venting to atmosphere of your cannister and closes the system for sealing test. The EVAP codes won`t affect drivability, so take your time to diagnose if you plan on tacking it yourself.

Anyone selling their "wood-grain"?

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF ME, I DON'T EXIST!!
Suliman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to do it myself, the local Nissan stealership refuses to work on US Spec Vehicles. LOL!
Suliman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where to pick up the: Filter Kit 14953 ZP80C ?

Looks like RockAuto carries the valve (Dorman) for $50, what the OEM Nissan part run for the VCV?
Suliman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if this kit here:
http://www.courtesyparts.com/-p-581782.html
has the bracket included with it? It shows the SKU as the "14953-ZP80C"
05Pathfinder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading on a forum somewhere that this really only effects the amount of pollution that the path produces and it doesnt affect performance or gas mileage. Can someone confirm this?????

If so, I have to be honest here and say that I am going to just keep clearing the code every time it pops up and forget about it.
Praetorian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread I know, but has anyone tried using an inline fluid filter instead of the Nissan filter kit? Seems like a lot of money for a filter, some hose and a sheet metal bracket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: