The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
1st off road trip in UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Offroad Adventures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CFB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: 1st off road trip in UK Reply with quote

Had a play around the off-road site I work for yesterday today. The Pathfinder is certainly a very different prospect to the Land Rovers that I have been used to. Main limitation is the restricted travel of the suspension as it is an independent setup biased for road use. It got cross axled very easily indeed and despite the locked centre diff would have struggled without Traction Control. However the said TC is very good indeed and it went pretty much anywhere I guided it, your driving technique has to be very different indeed and you need to use the TC as a tool rather than a 'get out of jail.

Just need a 2" lift and my winch on Smile

richardekirby

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ride and pic. What tires are you running?

I agree, the R51 is limited by it's lack of suspension travel. It definitely requires a different driving technique than that used when driving a solid axle vehicle. Overall, though, I've been impressed by it's ruggedness and offroad ability.
CFB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running 265/70/17 General AT2's very happy so far, had another play today and getting more confident with what it can do Smile
NYPathfinder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any pics on level ground with the lift kit? ive been debating on doing it. what kit did you go with? how does it ride?
CFB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not lifted yet, still debating what to do. I don't like the idea of the pRG minilift as the shockers will not be long enough to cope and there are no suppliers of decent aftermarket kit here in the UK. Only thing I can source is a full OME Suspension kit but it is nearly 800 GBP!!
Pip

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CFB wrote:
It's not lifted yet, still debating what to do. I don't like the idea of the pRG minilift as the shockers will not be long enough to cope and there are no suppliers of decent aftermarket kit here in the UK. Only thing I can source is a full OME Suspension kit but it is nearly 800 GBP!!

I'm from UK also.
I've just ordered suspension spacers from 4x4parts.com 2.5" front and 2" rear. They should arrive in a little while. They worked out at $285 shipped. So that was just under 190. Will be good value as I found the pathfinders limit was the ground clearance. Smile
bruce137

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: 1st off road trip in UK Reply with quote

CFB wrote:
Had a play around the off-road atv vegas site I work for yesterday today. The Pathfinder is certainly a very different prospect to the Land Rovers that I have been used to. Main limitation is the restricted travel of the suspension as it is an independent setup biased for road use. It got cross axled very easily indeed and despite the locked centre diff would have struggled without Traction Control. However the said TC is very good indeed and it went pretty much anywhere I guided it, your driving technique has to be very different indeed and you need to use the TC as a tool rather than a 'get out of jail.

Just need a 2" lift and my winch on Smile

Nice ride and pic. What tires are you running?

I agree, the R51 is limited by it's lack of suspension travel. It definitely requires a different driving technique than that used when driving a solid axle vehicle.
Graham W

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was interested to read about the ground clearance.

Ive mine mainly for crap weather, we have relatives whom rely on us getting to them when the weather is bad too.

I had bought the car a few weeks before we had the snow winter of 2017.
Despite worn tyres didnt miss a trip in the ice and snow.

Brother in law works for the national trust, and has invited us to meet him for a family picnic, so that will be a good test!

My last two 4x4's were shoguns and they coped well but didnt have the rear space we wanted for family, wheelchair and GSD !

Ive driven professionally for 25 years but never done a 4x4 course. Did a morning experience day, so thinking of doing a 2 day course run by the council, never to old to learn lol

No Mods, Just added OEM Roof Cross bars, Towbar and secondary front rescue hooks and front LED lightbar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Offroad Adventures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: