2010 Aftermarket Amp/Sub install

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

MetalFanPHX

2010 Aftermarket Amp/Sub install

Postby MetalFanPHX » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Hey everyone! I am trying to find out how to pull out my stock stereo in my Pathy. It is a 2010 SE, no BOSE system, no NAV. It does have the screen that shows your trip comp, miles until empty, average fuel economy, air temp, air setting, and all the radio stuff. I would like to keep that in there, because I would not be able to see all of that with an aftermarket stereo, at least that I know of. All I want to do is figure out how to get to the wires to install an amplifier and subwoofer and which color wires to use. I need to know which wire is the ignition/remote turn-on, and the speaker wires to plug in a line-out converter. If you guys have any advice, I would really appreciate your time and help! I have no idea how to get to it. It is a BEAST of a stereo/A.C./trip computer/lots of other things. I am including a pic below:

awake

Postby awake » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 pm

just use a line level RCA adapter.....taps into the r/l rear speaker wires, and splits them with RCAs.

wire up into a remote source, power, ground done.

awake

Postby awake » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:35 pm

just use a line level RCA adapter.....taps into the r/l rear speaker wires, and splits them with RCAs.

wire up into a remote source, power, ground done.

Rogue9

Postby Rogue9 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:07 am

I looked into it. There's no dash kit available (probably never will be) for this dash.
It's just WAY too integrated.
I mean anything's possible with enough time and money...
rip the dash apart, custom fiberglass the whole dash down (remove the cubby and VDC controls somewhere else) and u might squeeze in a screen up top but that's crazy work.

I settled for having my audio guy tap the line off the BOSE sub to a alpine PDX1000 and 2 alpine type R's I'm transferring from my old car.
the bose sub is good, but it's missing some of those low notes I really like.

Rogue9

Postby Rogue9 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 am

So I got my subs installed, he used tapped the line from the bose subamp to feed the alpine amp and the result is fantastic.
Much better than what I expected would come out from a line in conversion.
but then last time I did this was 10 years ago on a basic audio system, not digital bose signal.

All wiring is hidden away, they ran the wiring out through the drivers side front cargo hook and gave me enough slack to move the box from rear seats down all the way to back for full use of all seats.
if I need to take it out Ijust undo the wiring and push the fuse breaker under the hood.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Rouge9 Can you please give detail info how you connected the amps. Im looking to install a sub and amp in my 08 SE.

?1. Are there OEM wires in the back for the OEM subs inputs?
?2. If so are the wires connected to the OEM radio?

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”