springs and strut fittment

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Ash

springs and strut fittment

Postby Ash » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:52 am

i recived my new springs and struts i was wondering if anyone had replaced there own before is it and easy job? how long does it take are the spring compressers needed or can it be done without them? i have the service manuaul on cd so i have some help but they do make it look easy. i'm sure i have seen a post on here before but now unable to find it.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: springs and strut fittment

Postby NVSteve » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:54 am

Ash wrote:i recived my new springs and struts i was wondering if anyone had replaced there own before is it and easy job? how long does it take are the spring compressers needed or can it be done without them? i have the service manuaul on cd so i have some help but they do make it look easy. i'm sure i have seen a post on here before but now unable to find it.
Have a look through this thread:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=221

It concerns the OME lift, but it applies to any type of suspension work on the Pathie. All I know is that you need a really good spring compressor, assuming you'll be installing a beefier suspension. I took mine to a shop and had it installed for a couple hundred dollars, which was well worth it IMO.

Ash

Postby Ash » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:52 am

thanks steve !

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:23 pm

Ash

Postby Ash » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:36 pm

mmmm i can't work this one out my new shock is the same size as my old shock, if anything its probably a couple of mm shorter so i gues there will be no more wheel travell gained with the lift, does anyone know if the other brand are the same?. at least i know i will have a not so harsh ride as the new shock is a "lot"less stiff than the old shock. should be good. im yet to get the springs out and size them up. the front can wait for the pro's. Image

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:45 am

Ahh, you must be the same Ash who posts on PCOA? Do you have any more pictures of the ironman suspsension? Is it actually a lift, or just a replacement for the factory suspension? Any links?

Ash

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:10 pm

NVSteve wrote:Ahh, you must be the same Ash who posts on PCOA? Do you have any more pictures of the ironman suspsension? Is it actually a lift, or just a replacement for the factory suspension? Any links?
I steve, i am the same Ash,it is a lift 40mm, sorry no photos just yet all i did was mesure the shocks the rest can wait, i will have photos when the jobs complete thanks Ash http://www.ironmansuspension.com.au/

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:09 pm

If I'm remembering correctly the OME suspension is basically the same. The lift comes from a slightly taller but much stiffer spring. The rear shock and front strut looked exactly the same if not slightly shorter. As opposed to both slightly longer as I originally expected.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:40 am

blink32 wrote:If I'm remembering correctly the OME suspension is basically the same. The lift comes from a slightly taller but much stiffer spring. The rear shock and front strut looked exactly the same if not slightly shorter. As opposed to both slightly longer as I originally expected.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
no worry's blink thanks for coments, the new upgrade springs that i have are heaps thicker and are longer han the standard ones, there used to be photos on here of upgrades but now unable to find them and they had the old next to the new but i never noticed if the shocks and struts were the same size.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:03 am

Ash wrote:there used to be photos on here of upgrades but now unable to find them and they had the old next to the new but i never noticed if the shocks and struts were the same size.
Have a look at the post from Blink above your last post. His signature has a link to some photos that show the stock springs & struts side by side with the OME springs & struts.

Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:03 pm

NVSteve wrote:
Ash wrote:there used to be photos on here of upgrades but now unable to find them and they had the old next to the new but i never noticed if the shocks and struts were the same size.
Have a look at the post from Blink above your last post. His signature has a link to some photos that show the stock springs & struts side by side with the OME springs & struts.
thanks steve i found the photos i can't compare the front struts just yet i'm not gaim enough to remove them in fear i might not be able to get the new ones in the ome struts in blinks album do look a touch longer, but he had no pics of the rear shocks.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:13 pm

Ash wrote:he had no pics of the rear shocks.
Here you go:

http://www.hesslercomputing.com/gallery ... age_id=115

Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:16 pm

blink32 wrote:
Ash wrote:he had no pics of the rear shocks.
Here you go:

http://www.hesslercomputing.com/gallery ... age_id=115

your a legend blink thanks mate !

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:19 pm

No problem. I thought I had them all up there but you pointed that one out so I had to upload it real quick ;)

Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:34 pm

blink32 wrote:No problem. I thought I had them all up there but you pointed that one out so I had to upload it real quick ;)

hey blink the 285/70/17 tyres you have on do the rub at all?

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”