Reporgraming a new FLIP Key (UPDATED-Works)

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Kami

Reporgraming a new FLIP Key (UPDATED-Works)

Postby Kami » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi guys :)

If I got a new key/remote, its a switchblade style and can be cut and reprogramed. I can have it cut, but for the programing I went to the dealer today and talked to a parts guy, seemed new lol and he said that i needed to reprogram all the keys together!?!! I currently have one of the orginal sets and valet key, lost the second set (backups). Now if i purchase the new all in one switch blade and get it reprogramed, i dont need to have all the keys reprogramed right? I can just have the dealer update with with my current keys "code" right? and if so do i need to take in one of the keys so they can verify the key.

Thanks guys in advance.

Kami.
Last edited by Kami on Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

USCJustice

Postby USCJustice » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:28 pm

You have to have all the keys reprogrammed at once. if you then fine the lost keys, they will no longer be usable. Been there done that with a couple different Nissans.

As a side note, let us all know how the switchblade key and remote works out, and where you ordered it from. I had a buddy order one for his 08 Xterra and they never could get it to work right.

Kami

Postby Kami » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Sweet casue i have a buddy who just got a new honda and they able to program with just one key...guess different but the $40 covers all the reprograms they told me so gona try it :) will post back if done right or a fail

USCJustice

Postby USCJustice » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:00 am

Yeah, do update with that. are you saying the Honda people can program the Pathy? I thought you had to have a Nissan Consult II/III in order to do so with the key cards. If they are able to do that, find out what tools they do that with.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:49 pm

yeah let us know . i work for honda so i'll take advantage of it if the hds can program nissan keys.

Kami

Postby Kami » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:06 am

LOL no was mentioning Honda cause their prrogaming method is so much easier (take one of the original keys and the new switc blade key and they can program it) but with nissan all the keys need to be reprogramed....which is kinda dumb :( but waiting on shipment from ebay till i can visit my locksmith for a cut and then the dealer for the reprogram.

Kami

Kami

Postby Kami » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:36 pm

So came back from the Dealer, and had the new Switchblade programmed and it WORKS!!! WOOOT.

Had my Locksmith cut the key for $3, didnt trust the dealer, they kept implying that they might Fack it up...tards lol :)

Heres the link for those who might want it for a replacement key or just for a better key :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-T ... ccessories

So awesome, and looks so OEM.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:31 am

how much did they charge you to reprogram your keys?

Kami

Postby Kami » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:00 pm

doctahjones wrote:how much did they charge you to reprogram your keys?
Cost me 80$ for the 4 sets (2 switchblade, 1 key and remote pair, and valet key) of keys with the keyless reprogramed to :( Cost me about about 20$ more than to order a set of replacement keys from dealer. Worth it as easier to carry in my pocket :)

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:42 pm

I've found this site to work really well on programing your remotes. It does not cover all, but has alot.

programyourremote.com. Worked for a few of my family and extended family cars.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”