Hill Descent Control Plug in?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

tamollyman

Postby tamollyman » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 pm

So im gonna bring this post back from the dead like everyone else did a few times. Was this ever resolved? i can see the light on my dash when i start my pathy (not light up but i see it there) if all i have to do is buy the 20 dollar switch and plug it in, why would i not do this? and why would they charge a couple thousand more from the factory for this feature or is there more to the Off-Road version then i realize?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Adding the switch will not give the non-Off Road SE "Hill Start Assist" or "Hill Decent Control." The SE Off-Road has a firmer suspension and performance shocks, bigger brakes, HSA, HDC, and leather seats, among other things.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:13 am

smj999smj wrote:Adding the switch will not give the non-Off Road SE "Hill Start Assist" or "Hill Decent Control." The SE Off-Road has a firmer suspension and performance shocks, bigger brakes, HSA, HDC, and leather seats, among other things.
I could have sworn that the part numbers for the springs are the same across all models. I know on my '07 SE-OR, the only difference I had suspension-wise was the crappy Rancho shocks.

From what I remember, someone either tried plugging in the switch and it didn't do anything, or there was no plug to plug into. Either way, I don't believe anyone has had success with HDC & a non-OR model.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:14 pm

IIRC, the SE Off-road also had additional skid plates; one below the trans and another under the gas tank.

tamollyman

Postby tamollyman » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:19 pm

I could change all of the parts. But I don't see how I couldn't add HDC. Add the switch and reset the ECU and it should work right?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:26 pm

I believe the ABS control unit is different, for starters. I know the RE5 trans uses several different valve bodies, so I'm not sure if there's any difference there, or not.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:31 am

tamollyman wrote:I could change all of the parts. But I don't see how I couldn't add HDC. Add the switch and reset the ECU and it should work right?
You could give it a shot. Not sure how much the switch costs, but it might be cheap enough to give it a try. I'm still thinking it won't work, and I have to assume that I caught a thread about this somewhere.

I know when the new FJ was introduced, it was discovered that all models shared all the same wiring looms, processors & components. A lot of the stuff that cost extra could simply be purchased & plugged in.

sq9mcs

Postby sq9mcs » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:38 am

Hi everyone

I have R51 LE with YD25DDTI engine. I searched google for infos about HDC system in R51, and I found that topic. I haven't HDC switch but when I put key in ON position on instrument cluster, HDC are turned on. And turned off when I started engine. So my R51 should have HDC. I'm sure that have HSA, ABLS etc. I checked It.

Nissan Tech in Poland tell me that it engage automatically. I think it is impossible. My previous car RAV4 from US have HDC which was engage by that switch.

I checked many auction on Polish eBay and Path's with HDC have switch in the same line where is mirrors switch. So I disassembly that place and I found two plugs. I think that one of them is wiring for HDC switch. But before I order HDC switch I need to see picture of wiring plug. That two plugs are different.

Could anyone upload picture with HDC wiring plug??

Sorry for my english.
Best regards from Poland

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I honestly think this is a goose egg! No one has ever been able to get it to work on models other than the SE Off-Road, unfortunately.

But the good news is, it's really not necessary if you put the truck in 4x4 Low, go slow and brake lightly on steep decents. Just keep the tire pressure low and you'll be just fine! 8)

sq9mcs

Postby sq9mcs » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:31 am

In Europe, LE version of Pathfinder have all options from dealers lists. So I need to check it. I think that If HDC lamp are turning on when I put key in ON position, HDC is on board. It doesn't have switch to turn it on. Before I order HDC switch I need to know which plug need to be connected with HDC switch

toyyoda

Postby toyyoda » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Looking over some wire diagrams, looks like you would need the HDC switch, an active brake booster, a different wire harness in the engine bay, a stop lamp relay, possibly a different master cylinder and a rear brake pressure sensor. There could be other electrical and mechanical parts I'm not aware off too.

bmramon

Postby bmramon » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Sorry to revive this again - but was this topic ever solved? Anybody been able to retrofit the hill descent feature?

sq9mcs

Postby sq9mcs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:50 am

It's not solved. I've got HDC Switch but I couldn't find any correct plug in car. Service manual doesn't have any wiring diagrams about hdc systems.

RobFord

Solved?

Postby RobFord » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:16 pm

Sorry new to this forum and have not read the posting rules yet.

I had a 2006 Pathfinder LE 4x2 V6 and it had automatic HDC. I lived in FL, but we would go to the GA mountains and while cruising mountain roads I could be going 55 or so and lightly depress the breaks and then the truck would hold that speed downhill until I hit the gas or breaks more. It was truly a joy to drive in the mountains.

I got a 2011 Pathfinder LE 4x4 V6. Now I am in Colorado where I really need it and this feature is no longer here. I looked through both manuals and it is definitely not there in the 2011 manual.

Is that what everyone is talking about in this thread?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:50 pm

nope i don't think so. HDC and HAC are for low speed maneuvers in 4wd LO.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”