The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Check engine light, code P0340
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GK1707

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping an old thread. Got this code a few days ago. Noobish question but Bank 1 is the passenger side right? So that would mean the Left side? Because im ordering the sensor online and it says left or right. Not banks 1 or 2.
BBtruck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GK1707 wrote:
Bumping an old thread. Got this code a few days ago. Noobish question but Bank 1 is the passenger side right? So that would mean the Left side? Because im ordering the sensor online and it says left or right. Not banks 1 or 2.

Good bump.. About a year ago my wife was left stranded, P0340, replaced bank 1. Yesterday she was stranded again, same code, bank 2. I would replace both just for piece of mind.. And yes Bank 1 is the pass. side.

L
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stranded? The truck still runs and is driveable in most situations when there is an SES light... Why was she stranded?

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 343000kms (213000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16

Last edited by disallow on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
BBtruck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really know why the pathy cut off, but both times it was the cam sensor, first bank 1 then 2, same code. I had came to the rescue of the wife, both time it started roughly and lacked power.

L
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bad, for some reason I mistook this code for the O2 sensor code. Smile

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 343000kms (213000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
SnilloC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into this with my 05' and after google search it lead me to this forum. Finally got around to replacing both of these sensors as per the OP I was gearing up for a long day of work with removing the upper intake etc...

However this ended up being a 30 min job (minus the drive time for getting the parts) for me. I wish I'd saved the money on the other sensor because these can be replaced very easily even for those with big hands.

I replaced both by accessing from the driver side of the block with a stubby 3/8" ratchet and shallow 10mm socket removed both with the plug still attached to the sensor so that it was easier to engage the plug lock. Greased the new "O" rings on the new sensors installed then hooked the plugs/wires back up. You can't see what you're doing but it's simple to locate just by feeling around. You can verify what you're getting into with a mirror.

Hoped this helps for anyone else having to tackle this on the weekend.
bati

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just removed both cam sensors.

the only issue i ran was that there was hidden bolt.
the only way to access it was sticking a wrench underneath the cover.

I broke my cover removing the top cover.

Intake tube removal

bank one sensor (passenger side)

sensor image location

I had to replace my valve cover since I broke it trying to remove a cover

oreogaborio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to post an update to my issue...

I replaced the OEM sensor with one from NAPA. It went from a p034 error to a p0011 error and a really bad ~2k rpm stumble under load. I put the old (bad) oem back in and the p0011 & 2k rpm stumble disappeared (p0340 reappeared). Returned the NAPA sensor and went to the dealership for an OEM sensor. Problem solved.

TIP: You don't actually need to remove ANYTHING except the sensor itself to get this job done. It's pretty difficult to reach, but you CAN get the job done by just opening the hood, reach back there with a 10mm socket and pulling it out.

After I familiarized myself with the area by touch I could find the nut by hand, slip a 10mm socket over it, pull the sensor, disconnect it, get the new one in, reconnect it and get the nut back on all by feel.

The trick(s), as others have stated, is practically lying on your engine from the driver's side and removing the connector AFTER the sensor is out. One more trick to getting it back IN is to get the sensor seated BEFORE connecting it to the harness. Because the main wiring harness gets in the way, it was much more difficult to connect it and then try and get it to seat. One other trick: use something to prop the hood open as far as it will go.

After doing this two times before, the third swap took me just 5 minutes.
LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, Tony's Track Days

2005 Pathfinder SE

Last edited by oreogaborio on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
webmastir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subscribing

Since people host photos on Photobucket all the time (for some reason), they tend to die quickly b/c most don't actively log in and out of their accounts. Here's a mirror of bati's pictures for future reference whenever they die.

https://app.box.com/s/6geensc7fmppo7iisj85

(my box accounts will always stay active)
boontis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving an old thread here - but figured that is better than starting a new one! I have the P0340 code and am going to replace both my sensors. I saw at least one person post having issues with the replacements from Napa. I'm looking at Rock Auto and they have a few different (non oem) options also.

Has anyone else had issues using sensors other than factory Nissan ones?
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best to go with is either genuine Nissan or Hitachi, which is the OEM part supplier to Nissan. Other than that, you take your chances.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
boontis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I would post a reply here and let future viewers know the Hitachi sensor from Rock Auto worked - and was ~$100 less than buying one from the dealer Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: