Rear Defroster not working

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

allisojh

Rear Defroster not working

Postby allisojh » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:18 pm

Both fuses fine, defroster light turns on.

no defrosting.

I don't think I have ever heard a "click" when I pushed it but i definatly don't hear anyting now.

I have an 06 SE with the Bose system and the digital climate control panel.

I see no broken wires at the defroster as well.

Thanks!

disallow
Site Admin

Re: Rear Defroster not working

Postby disallow » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:54 pm

allisojh wrote:Both fuses fine, defroster light turns on.

no defrosting.

I don't think I have ever heard a "click" when I pushed it but i definatly don't hear anyting now.

I have an 06 SE with the Bose system and the digital climate control panel.

I see no broken wires at the defroster as well.

Thanks!
Check for continuity of the lines in the glass. Sometimes the material gets scratched. I remember seeing this stuff you apply like nail polish remover that fixes the scratch and allows the defroster to work again.

t

allisojh

Postby allisojh » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:26 pm

It works, never mind. it just takes a little bit of time.

08PathPounder

Postby 08PathPounder » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Reviving this thread because my defroster is not working and the dealer is stumped after days of having my pathy I just said forget it I will figure it out. It went in with just my defroster button not lighting up and not working, came out with my defroster button & my AC button not working now. ( worked previously). I took apart my dash and checked to see if they had anything apart. It's obvious they took out the multi pin plug in the back of the climat control panel. I know this because they put electro-gel on/ in the pins.

I checked the fuses they weren't blown but the contacts didn't look hot. So I took some sand paper and cleaned them up. Still got nothing. I can't find the wire schematics online any where & don't know where else to look. I disconnected & sanded under all the grounds I could see under the hood. Still nothing. It's winter in New Jersey and I would really like to have my defrosters working. Please help!!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”