2007 SE rear hatch

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

cannonball

Postby cannonball » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:57 pm

GOTGOO wrote:
Npath wrote:
cannonball wrote:my 09 se slams shut HARD. if anyone knows if the part from nissan "the closer" i'd love to have the part number.
Why not just turn the bump stops on the rear hatch?
Don't know about yours but mine just pop in and no threads...
same...

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:30 pm

skinny2 wrote:Image

This is the manual from mine, page 3-22 of the 2009 manual.

What's strange about this? Mine is a 2008. So somebody must have replaced the manual with a 2009 model. So at the very least this seems to have been a standard feature for 2008 and 2009. Notice is does not say "optional" or "if equipped" as it does for other options.
I "LOVE" how is says "gently push the liftgate down".... it should read "hold onto liftgate till it makes contact with power latch. Note: Nissan is not responsible for broken glass or loss of hearing".

lazyj

Lift Gate Latch

Postby lazyj » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 am

Shore enough, my 2011 book says the same.... off to the dealer we go!!
Thanks

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:08 am

glad we could help! :)

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 pm

US 08 + models all have Power assist closing fiture.
I beleave Canadian versions didnot come with it.
my 08 at 1 point stopped working.
I had 2 ways of closing it:
1- close it slowely and there will be a gap since the power assist wouldnot close it tight
2- Slam it hard, only way to close it all the way.
went to the stealership...
dealer mechanics where arguing with me trying to tell me that that fiture doesnot exist. Even do i was teling them ( dont tell me something doesnot exist when my vehicle has it and it stoped working..)
They where showing me on newer exteras models how there is a power assist opening mechanism not closing mechanism, they told me there is no motor instaled to do such thing.
until I came back and removed little plastic cover next to the bottom door latch where you can see the assist motor, and showed them in their 08 manual the section same as the section listed in few earlier posts.
SO after i came to pick it up they told me that they took a look at it and it was working fine??? after not working for few months, it was working fine all of a suden..
Yeah right. they fixed it since they where wrong all along, they didnot dare say it.

leadpig

Re: Lift Gate Latch

Postby leadpig » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 am

lazyj wrote:Shore enough, my 2011 book says the same.... off to the dealer we go!!
Thanks
Curious if you have an update on this - my '12 says the same in the manual as above but has never shown any evidence of a "power latch", I wouldn't even have known the older models did had I not read this thread. I suspect it was a deleted feature they forgot to remove from the book. I've noticed a couple of things they got cheap on towards the end of the run, like the fuel filler door. On the my 12 it's unsecured all the time, not part of the locks and no inside cable release. That one they did get right in the manual though.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:20 pm

heh, well i was going to go outside and take a vid of how this liftgate motor works/sounds like, but the elementry school behind our house is doing cheerleading practice so i'll just have to wait...

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 pm

here ya go. it's still uploading so give it a minute...

http://youtu.be/1h12Wm6IrMs

but this is how it works and sounds. no effort is needed to shut it. you just lightly let it down and the locking/latching motor does the rest.

maybe sometime i'll take the plastic interior molding and take some pics of what the motor should look like.

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Thanks for taking the time to demo. Mine doesn't do that at all. When I press the release button to open there's a whirring of the lock, but as it closes just a thump. It doesn't get sucked in like that. Weird. Guess I'll have to call the dealer and inquire.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”