2013 Pathfinder will be the re-design

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

AZ_Path

2013 Pathfinder will be the re-design

Postby AZ_Path » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:30 pm

I haven't been around much recently so my apologizes if this is a repost. I quickly scanned and didn't see anything.

According to this site ( http://iguida.com/2012-nissan-pathfinder ) the 2013 will be the redesign year and it will be a uni-body crossover. I've never seen this site before so I'm not sure how reliable they are, but it's not hard to believe. The mid-size body on frame SUV is going away.

bkmtnff

Postby bkmtnff » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:58 pm

Yeah, well they totally screwed the Explorer doing something similar. I expect nothing less with the Pathfinder changeover.

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:09 pm

my question to all of the current owners is who is going to stick with the Pathfinder after the change. will you look into the 2012 model before it changes or move up to the Armada or even go with something different altogether. for me it will either be the 2012 or the Armada. I would like to stick with Nissan because I love my truck and it has done everything I asked it to do (knockin on wood) :)

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:32 am

ill probly hang on the one i got now till i decide to trade it in for the new patrol. :wink:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:55 pm

HillbillyJake wrote:my question to all of the current owners is who is going to stick with the Pathfinder after the change. will you look into the 2012 model before it changes or move up to the Armada or even go with something different altogether. for me it will either be the 2012 or the Armada. I would like to stick with Nissan because I love my truck and it has done everything I asked it to do (knockin on wood) :)
It depends on what they do for the change, both to the X and the Pathfinder. If it looks like they will simply be crossovers (cars) like all the other crap on the market, then I'll have to give some serious thought about getting a 2012 model. Or, just hold onto my '07. Maybe Toyota will still have something off-road worthy at that point, but I'm guessing they'll be switching to crossovers also. Way too early for me to even guess at this point, with absolutely no info on the upcoming changes. I would never own or contemplate the Armada.

bkmtnff

Postby bkmtnff » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:59 pm

HillbillyJake wrote:my question to all of the current owners is who is going to stick with the Pathfinder after the change. will you look into the 2012 model before it changes or move up to the Armada or even go with something different altogether. for me it will either be the 2012 or the Armada. I would like to stick with Nissan because I love my truck and it has done everything I asked it to do (knockin on wood) :)
I changed from a Ford Explorer to the Pathfinder since I couldn't afford the Exp anymore. I won't be in a position to get rid of the current Pathfinder anytime soon, so if they make it a car, I'll probably look at a Toyota truck or a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Whoever sticks to making honest to God SUV's could make a killing.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:37 am

I think its still too early to predict which route they'll go,,but damn i hope they dont make it a crossover thing..If they do,im sure they'll loose alot of market..Example, Africa, Australia, Middle east, Even parts of Europe who want vehicles that can seat 7 and are still good ol Trucks!!

Nissan i hope your reading this!! Dont make it a crossover!!

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:48 am

I was looking around and decided that the Armada was out for me. the more I learn about it the less appealing it becomes. I know it is still two years out and I will not be in position to do anything till then but I know I do not want a crossover suv. I put about an average of about 25k-30k on my truck each year so about 2013 is when I will be due for a new one.

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:07 am

too bad we can't get the Patrol in the US :cry:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:55 am

coom1986 wrote:I think its still too early to predict which route they'll go,,but damn i hope they dont make it a crossover thing..If they do,im sure they'll loose alot of market..Example, Africa, Australia, Middle east, Even parts of Europe who want vehicles that can seat 7 and are still good ol Trucks!!

That's the beauty of being a car mfr, which translates into dismal news for us. Outside the US, other models exist that are more off road worthy than the models available here. If the Pathfinder goes crossover, I'm pretty sure they will still have at least one model overseas that will still be made for the dirt. The market for these types of vehicles is far greater outside our borders.

And, bkmtnff, have you seen the new Grand Cherokee design? Similar to the Murano, IMO.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:25 am

Looks like the options will be full-size SUV or a 4Runner. I enjoy the mpg of the Pathfinder over a full-size...but there are times I wish I had the bigger vehicle. I'll just suck it up and pay for the fuel. Hopefully this PF lasts me awhile though.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:05 am

NVSteve wrote:
coom1986 wrote:I think its still too early to predict which route they'll go,,but damn i hope they dont make it a crossover thing..If they do,im sure they'll loose alot of market..Example, Africa, Australia, Middle east, Even parts of Europe who want vehicles that can seat 7 and are still good ol Trucks!!

That's the beauty of being a car mfr, which translates into dismal news for us. Outside the US, other models exist that are more off road worthy than the models available here. If the Pathfinder goes crossover, I'm pretty sure they will still have at least one model overseas that will still be made for the dirt. The market for these types of vehicles is far greater outside our borders.

And, bkmtnff, have you seen the new Grand Cherokee design? Similar to the Murano, IMO.
Yeh very true, but the only thing nissan might not want to mess with is that pathy has always had an offroad heritage..So they might not want to deviate from those roots.Anyways i think only time will tell..lets hope for the best,,but otherwise like mar1 said,,Save up for the Patrol :D

bkmtnff

Postby bkmtnff » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:39 pm

NVSteve wrote: And, bkmtnff, have you seen the new Grand Cherokee design? Similar to the Murano, IMO.
I usually get a vehicle around 3 years old, so I might slip past on the next one. Hopefully at least.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:45 pm

I guess they have to go where the money is. We found the field a little limited for a true SUV even back in 2008. Nissan had a good line-up and we were choosing between an Xterra and Pathfinder(Armada is too big for us). All others had dropped off the list.

We usually keep our vehicles for about 10 years, so I can't imagine what's going to be around in 2018 for us to pick from.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:41 pm

Time to revive this one. More speculation:
Nissan Pathfinder 2013 has already been decided, but company officials have yet to comment on what direction the next-generation SUV will take. The internal debate at Nissan has been whether to keep the Pathfinder on its truck-derived body-on-frame platform or to switch to a car-based platform, transforming the Pathfinder into a true CUV. Change is nothing new to the Pathfinder as it has ridden on both platforms. When the Pathfinder was originally launched in 1986, it rode on a body-on-frame platform. When the SUV was redesigned in 1997, it went to a unibody construction. For 2005, the Pathfinder was redesigned on the same platform that underpins the full size Nissan Titan pickup truck. the Pathfinder is based on Nissan’s F-Alpha truck platform, it’s not likely to get any major changes until the company finalizes its full-size Titan replacement.

Nissan could also develop two versions of the Pathfinder: a more refined version for North American and Europe, and a model more adapt to off-road conditions in undeveloped regions.

The model headed for North America and Europe will likely ride on the same front-wheel drive platform that underpins the Nissan Maxima, Altima, Murano and Quest – a platform that still allows for all-wheel drive. Nissan is expected to announce its decision later this year, but the new Pathfinder is still a few years off. Despite the Pathfinder’s possible switch to a car-based platform, Nissan has no such plans for the Pathfinder’s bigger brother, the Armada SUV.
If any of the following were true, I'd opt for a new Xterra. #1 and #3 just don't cut it for me & I can't see enough of #2.

http://jeffldunham.blogspot.com/2011/07 ... inder.html

Return to “R52 General Chat”