05 SE new Kenwood nav, connect to factory rear dvd?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Jgwin214

05 SE new Kenwood nav, connect to factory rear dvd?

Postby Jgwin214 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Just installed a new Kenwood DNX6160 nav unit in tne dash to replace the factory Bose 6 disc. I have the factory rear dvd player and was wondering if anyone knew how i could still use it to watch dvds. The new Kenwood plays dvds and has a/v out. I coonected an a/v cable from it to the inputs on the dvd player inside the console, but it no longer works since i removed the factory radio. There are two leftover harness plugs behind he radio from the install. One is the steering wheel controls and i assume the other is the power/input/outputs for the rear dvd to the factory radio. Anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks!

disallow
Site Admin

Re: 05 SE new Kenwood nav, connect to factory rear dvd?

Postby disallow » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:39 am

Jgwin214 wrote:Just installed a new Kenwood DNX6160 nav unit in tne dash to replace the factory Bose 6 disc. I have the factory rear dvd player and was wondering if anyone knew how i could still use it to watch dvds. The new Kenwood plays dvds and has a/v out. I coonected an a/v cable from it to the inputs on the dvd player inside the console, but it no longer works since i removed the factory radio. There are two leftover harness plugs behind he radio from the install. One is the steering wheel controls and i assume the other is the power/input/outputs for the rear dvd to the factory radio. Anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks!
Sorry can't help, but was wondering how you like your Kenwood? I'm looking for a double din Nav/Video/decent deck for both my 08 civic and 05 pathfinders, but every unit I look at someone has something bad to say that is a deal-breaker for me. IE Nav not user friendly, processor too slow, etc...

Let me know!
Thanks
t

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”