Issue with radio reception and dash kit

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

anong05

Issue with radio reception and dash kit

Postby anong05 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:30 pm

just installed a pioneer AVH-4200DVD. Great unit. Some issues that I ran into is the metra dash kit that was included does not fit. So I have a big gap running on top of the unit. Does anyone have a recommendation on what kit fits? The other issue I ran into is that I have really poor radio reception. I used the Scosche NDAB adapter and I can pick up local radio stations sometimes. Any ideas on how to fix these problems would help.

go_pats

Poor radio reception

Postby go_pats » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Search for this thread "Adding an aftermarket stereo to a 2005 Pathfinder".

Bottom line is that you may not have turned on the antenna amplifier.

tariqhu9

I have this same radio and had

Postby tariqhu9 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:39 pm

the same two issues. the reception is still poor. Not sure I'll do anything with that since I mainly listen to the ipod. It would be nice to have clear music from the radio though. guess I need to figure out this antenna amplifier.

For the face, the only piece you actually need from the kit is that thin little double din faceplate. the rest is garbage. I ended up taking mine to a pro shop since I couldn't figure out how to cram everything behind the radio and not have the space. They put the radio in with no spaces. the unit is able to open and close without catching or clicking. finally looks like I expected.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Re: Poor radio reception

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:06 am

where is this located?

redwing

Re: Poor radio reception

Postby redwing » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:40 pm

go_pats wrote:Search for this thread "Adding an aftermarket stereo to a 2005 Pathfinder".

How do you turn on the antenna amplifier? I can only get one station to come in. I took the head unit out, all the connections looked good. It's like the ant isn't plugged in. This is really driving me nuts. I heard you might have to tear apart the back hatch.

tariqhu9

much better now.

Postby tariqhu9 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:39 pm

I went back to the pro shop that put my unit in the space properly. told them about the radio, the guy knew exactly what it was.

there are apparently 2 radio wires. I'd only hooked one up. he did the second that I had actually taped off thinking it wasn't required. now I get great reception from the radio.

he said the second wire was blue and its the one that hooks up to the antenna booster in the rear window.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”