Need some help please

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

mc01ta

Need some help please

Postby mc01ta » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:21 am

I am in the process of putting together a old school budget build and pretty lost trying to figure out what I need for wiring from start to finish. I am installing the following in my 2007 Pathfinder:

- Kenwood KDC X494 with 4v preouts
- either 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 components speakers
- old 4 ohm dvc Orion XTR3 12's
- process of buying 3rd gen HCCA 225 for subs and another Orion amp that does 100 watts x 2 @ 4 ohms

I've read so much mixed info on how to and what to purchase for wiring. I would appreciate input on what wiring I need for EVERYTHING i.e. wiring from battery to amps, fuses, distribution block, rca's, speaker wire size, etc.

I'm lost on where I'm putting fuses inline and where I'm grounding (except for amplifier grounding). It's been 12+ years since I've done an install and everything is hazy remembering the details. Any step by step from start to finish what I'm connecting? So far I have the wiring harness for the deck and the other pieces mentioned above.

This is for daily usage, not upgrading to more power in future, no comps, nothing...just basic daily music. I've looked at a few amp kits and think I might need to buy 2x 4 gauge kits. Can I also run 4 guage from the battery to the distribution block? Is it completely necessary to run 0 guage from the battery?

Any input, direction, tutorials are appreciated. I've searched through this forum, termpro, crutchfield, sonicelectronics, etc. forums and guides. I know...cool story bro, but I'm reaching out for some input. I would rather try to do this myself than take it to a local shop.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”