Off-Roading Near My House

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

richardekirby

Off-Roading Near My House

Postby richardekirby » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:21 pm

My friends and I found a cool place to wheel and it's within 5 minutes from the house. It's a small place, but if offers some good obstacles to try.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOAs6SY3kX8

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:49 pm

nice!! Pathy looks good. are those the oem step rails or something else? sounds like you hit them going up that one incline.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:22 pm

NYPathfinder wrote:nice!! Pathy looks good. are those the oem step rails or something else? sounds like you hit them going up that one incline.
Thanks. Those are steps that I made out of 2"x4" steel tube. That's the first time I've been able to test them out. I beat on them pretty good and they held up without any problems.

asgard

Postby asgard » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:56 pm

what wheels and tire are these. Can they be fitted to stock suspension or do you have to lift it.

Good looking shots.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:09 pm

richardekirby wrote:
NYPathfinder wrote:nice!! Pathy looks good. are those the oem step rails or something else? sounds like you hit them going up that one incline.
Thanks. Those are steps that I made out of 2"x4" steel tube. That's the first time I've been able to test them out. I beat on them pretty good and they held up without any problems.
Wish i had the how to to make my own steps. judging from the sounds they held up pretty good. My oem steps have saved me more then once. Have to look into something a little more heavy duty that can also act as a step.

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 pm

Nice, wish I saw that place when I was up there in dallas, (think its close by), but is it me or do you have very minimal gap between tires and your fenders?

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:46 pm

asgard wrote:what wheels and tire are these. Can they be fitted to stock suspension or do you have to lift it.

Good looking shots.
Thanks. The wheels are American Racing Trench style 16x8 and the tires are 285/75-16 Bridgestone Revo ATs. My suspension is still stock. They do rub the inner fender a little while turning, but not while flexing. Also, I picked them up used with a little less than 50% remaining on the tread, so i imagine new ones would rub a lot worse. I plan on lifting it soon.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:50 pm

xd9-g19 wrote:Nice, wish I saw that place when I was up there in dallas, (think its close by), but is it me or do you have very minimal gap between tires and your fenders?
Yeah, with the 285s on and no lift, there is not much of a fender gap.

Return to “Offroad Adventures”