Thinking of adding a Kenwood DNX9960... Opinions?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

aadadams

Thinking of adding a Kenwood DNX9960... Opinions?

Postby aadadams » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:19 pm

In order to add Nav, hands free, iPod/iPhone control, back up camera, and other features that didn't come with my 05 LE, I am thinking of adding the Kenwood DNX9960 to the existing factory Bose speaker/amp system. The shop has indicated that with adapters and etc. the sound will improve over my Bose system and I will retain steering wheel controls and etc. Anyone have ANY opinions on this, I welcome all comments? Thanks in advance!

hamncheese

Postby hamncheese » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:56 am

I too want an answer. Any comments? Maybe offering free beer will interest feed back

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:42 am

I have the HU installed, and I am in very happy with it. I got my local shop to price match Cartoys.com and ended up getting the unit for 979.99 (MSRP 1999.99). I will have the installer revisit the install due to incorrect wiring of the reverse camera, but great fit an finish overall (Safe and Sound, Manassas VA). It looks like Nissan installed it at the factory, and that's what I wanted. Also the sound shaping capability of the HU serve to awaken the Bose speakers adding much needed high end brightening the output considerably. I still envision someday adding components and an amp, but this will get me through until then. No conflicts exist with the Nissan security or other existing OEM systems. If you have any questions give me a shout.

hamncheese

Postby hamncheese » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Any pics to show off your system?

:D

BTW, you get the free beer

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”