got stuck in some snow

Amateur Photographer? Us too. Post your latest choice shots, doesn't necessarily have to be automotive related.

Moderator: volvite

NYPathfinder

got stuck in some snow

Postby NYPathfinder » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:22 pm

heres the video my friends recorded. Excuse the profanity..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtvK66WzYsg
That was my second time driving through it. First time i almost got stuck more towards the back where it got a little deep. And you can see exactly why i got stuck the second time. Backed up a little to much into some deep snow.
Just getting the strap and almost falling on my face

This pic is of me stuck. The back of the truck.

Full view

Now heres the now funny part. at the time i was pissed. I had my friend with me who has a 2011 jeep wrangler. We had a 20' tow rope. So i laid in the snow under the front of the truck assuming i had a tow hook there. well after a few mins of pushing snow around with mynumb hands i realised i didnt. Damn.. The rear tow hook was completely useless. So we started digging. No we didnt have a shovel. I had two ice scrapers to dig myself out. after about 25 mins i said F this and ended up putting my receiver in. Wrapped the tow strap on that. My friend pulls in. We get it connected to his front bumper. He goes to go in reverse all i hear is his tires spinning. GREAT!! now hes stuck. Pic below:
me searching for the tow hook:

Digging with an ice scraper:

So now the focus went from getting me out to getting him out first. Now Im 6'5 280lbs. I was on his front bumper trying to sink him down. Jumping on his rear bumper hoping for some extra traction. Pushing him.. after about 20 mins we finally get him out. So now we go back to digging at my truck i finally get moving half hour later. With how the night was going I ended up getting stuck about 10 feet forward to where he was. well at least now we attach the tow strap and he pulls me out.
pics of both of us stuck:

Nouseforaname

Postby Nouseforaname » Tue May 24, 2011 5:54 am

HAHAHA ''Real truck'' sounds just like me and my friends.

Return to “Photo Gallery”