new member from NJ

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

00void

new member from NJ

Postby 00void » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:55 am

finally got my account activated and i'm pretty psyched.

i took delivery of an '08 SE V8 w/ Premium Package about 2-3 weeks ago. haven't really had a nice, dry day yet since i've gotten it, but the truck is amazing.

i also currently have an '04 Toyota 4Runner Sport V8 AWD which the Pathy is ultimately replacing. I've had two 4Runner's in the span of 7 years and i'm a little bored of them hence the new Pathfinder.

The Pathfinder is truly incredible. still breaking it in, so i haven't really gotten on the gas yet, but the few times i did, the truck really hauls. my only bones of contention: the brakes are rather soft and the brights (headlights) aren't that bright (big difference between having two headlights per side compared to only one per side).

no mods except for a K&N air filter. i'm going to purchase all-weather mats and possibly a small push/ bull bar and put on a set of Hella 500 driving lamps. also thinking of getting an exhaust system as well as replacing the fog light bulbs with yellow bulbs.

anyway, i'm happy to be on board and here are two pics. hope they aren't too big. if so, i can resize them with ease.

-chris

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:46 am

Welcome! I like Toyota as much as I like Nissan, but when it came to buying a new vehicle last year, Toyota really left a lot to be desired. No offense to anyone, but I just can't stand the entire styling of the current 4 Runner. The FJ was in the running, but there were a few things about it that I just couldn't justify as a purchase. I wouldn't be surprised if the next Pathfinder body gets a change for the worse, but it's about the only 4x4 on the market I think is still unique. It's getting harder and harder to distinguish makes and models these days. Great choice of vehicle! Since you have both, any comparison pros or cons you can think of?

00void

Postby 00void » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:22 pm

my previous 4Runner was an '00 SR5 Sport V6 4x4. imo, the 3rd gen with the Sport pkg was probably the best looking 4Runner they've made thus far. the 4th gen, what i have now, is nice but it's very vanilla like 98% of their cars. my fiancée makes fun of the truck and always swoons over how nice my old truck looked. can't say she's wrong either. that said, i'm kind of scared to see what the 5th gen will look like given the new designs of the Highlander and Land Cruiser.

i can't fully compare both because i'm still breaking in the Pathy and haven't driven it like i normally would, but so far, other than mentioned in my first post, the only thing i don't like is the suspension feel going over railroad tracks over minor to medium road imperfections. it's a bit unstable and unsettling, especially at high speeds on the parkway. seriously, that XREAS system in the 4Runner made a HUGE difference compared to the SR5 i test drove and compared to the Pathfinder.

the brakes, hi-beams and skittish suspension are my only beefs with the Pathfinder.

in terms of things i love on the Pathy... just about everything but i guess the biggest would be the engine, selectable 4x4 and interior features/functions/etc. it just has so much and i'm extremely pleased with it.

i think the Pathfinder is a better value as you get more for your money. the standard amount of features with the Nissan is incredible. plus i think the truck has more character and soul than the T4R.

i could write a three page response on everything about the two trucks, but i'm going to quit while i'm ahead, but i'll leave by saying that this Nissan may very well change my attitude towards Toyota. i'm very happy and pleased thus far with my purchase.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:16 pm

00void wrote:my previous 4Runner was an '00 SR5 Sport V6 4x4. imo, the 3rd gen with the Sport pkg was probably the best looking 4Runner they've made thus far. the 4th gen, what i have now, is nice but it's very vanilla like 98% of their cars. my fiancée makes fun of the truck and always swoons over how nice my old truck looked. can't say she's wrong either. that said, i'm kind of scared to see what the 5th gen will look like given the new designs of the Highlander and Land Cruiser.
I totally agree with you. The previous gen 4 Runners were extremely well made & very capable off/on road. If you want to talk ugly, go no further than the Armada. I realize some people like it, but it's like they took a perfectly good Pathfinder & force-fed it french fries for a few years to make it bloated and ugly.
the only thing i don't like is the suspension feel going over railroad tracks over minor to medium road imperfections. it's a bit unstable and unsettling, especially at high speeds on the parkway.
Well, sounds like you are a good candidate for the OME upgrade. Most of us who have it also had the same kind of complaints with the suspension.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Re: new member from NJ

Postby blink32 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:21 am

00void wrote:my only bones of contention: the brights (headlights) aren't that bright
For the price of these vehicles, especially the extra $ of the V8, the fact they didn't include Xenon disappoints me. The Murano has had them and the overseas Pathy's have them.

For a while I was on a quest to get the part numbers for them from an overseas model but no-one ever came through with them. I did find out they would cost roughly $800 each +/- $100 to purchase with no certainty they would be compatible.

Danguy426

Postby Danguy426 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:43 am

Nice truck
I see you went to DCH nissan as well. Hope you got a good deal on it. Only drawback about getting this truck was the amount of time it took to actually get the car in. Apparently SE V8's with premium, leather, and side airbags aren't too common...

congrats on the new truck and best of luck. I do agree with the brakes, a lil spongy. Haven't used the brights yet, and good call on the xenons. perhaps i will swap out the OEM headlights to a set of xenons.

00void

Postby 00void » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:00 am

NVSteve wrote:If you want to talk ugly, go no further than the Armada.

Well, sounds like you are a good candidate for the OME upgrade. Most of us who have it also had the same kind of complaints with the suspension.
totally agree on the Armada... i don't know who allowed that design to pass.

OME? i'll have to lurk around the forum a bit to see what that's about. thanx for the heads up on that!
blink32 wrote:For the price of these vehicles, especially the extra $ of the V8, the fact they didn't include Xenon disappoints me.

For a while I was on a quest to get the part numbers for them from an overseas model but no-one ever came through with them...
tell me about it! Toyo still doesn't have them in the 4Runner either. i know a few T4R forum guys put after-market HIDs in their trucks. while enticing as it was, i haven't the slightest idea as to what i'd be doing and never even thought about installing them in mine. the lights on the Pathy are perfect with the fogs on but i think getting a small bullbar or whatever they're called, and mounting a pair of Hella 500s to go on only with my brights only will solve the problem. i had Hella 550s on my GMC Jimmy years ago and it was the best $60 i had ever spent. the difference is unreal.
Danguy426 wrote:Nice truck
I see you went to DCH nissan as well. Hope you got a good deal on it. Only drawback about getting this truck was the amount of time it took to actually get the car in. Apparently SE V8's with premium, leather, and side airbags aren't too common...

congrats on the new truck and best of luck. I do agree with the brakes, a lil spongy. Haven't used the brights yet, and good call on the xenons. perhaps i will swap out the OEM headlights to a set of xenons.
yep, DCH was very good to me too. i had to wait about three weeks to get mine. i ran into the same problem as you with the options and color. i really wanted the charcoal metallic but he said it would take even longer, so i'm cool with the silver (easier to keep clean anyway, imo). congrats on your purchase as well!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:58 am

00void wrote: OME? i'll have to lurk around the forum a bit to see what that's about. thanx for the heads up on that!
Here's a good start: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=221

Danguy426

Postby Danguy426 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:54 am

Storm Gray = shows every speck of dirt imaginable.
My second choice was the silver. Took about 7 weeks to get the storm gray pathy. Could have had it earlier. DCH tried to swap a car with a nearby dealership, they agreed.. then quickly rescinded and sold the car on their own. Needless to say i was pretty ticked off... but it was worth the wait.

cheers! and happy holidays all

00void

Postby 00void » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:33 pm

NVSteve wrote:
00void wrote: OME? i'll have to lurk around the forum a bit to see what that's about. thanx for the heads up on that!
Here's a good start: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=221
thanx!
Danguy426 wrote:Storm Gray = shows every speck of dirt imaginable.
My second choice was the silver. Took about 7 weeks to get the storm gray pathy. Could have had it earlier. DCH tried to swap a car with a nearby dealership, they agreed.. then quickly rescinded and sold the car on their own. Needless to say i was pretty ticked off... but it was worth the wait.

cheers! and happy holidays all
that's the color! wow... 7 weeks is a long time. and here i thought 3 was long, haha. it was definitely worth the wait though.

have a good holiday yourself!

Ben H Aussie

Postby Ben H Aussie » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:41 am

Hey guys,
I think that the black shows the dirt, just look at this shot!!!!
It was really fun getting it that dirty...
Thanks, ben.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”