got it a little dirty today.

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

NYPathfinder

got it a little dirty today.

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 pm

went to a local spot with a buddy of mine who has a jeep with a 6.5in lift and 33's or 35's. Can't remember. Overall i was quite impressed with how the pathy handled. I only have pics for now. waiting for youtube to finish its site maintance then i can upload them.It was nice to get away from everything for a few hours and enjoy everything and have some fun. There was A lot of ice we had to drive over or through which made it a little challenging. Also a lot of snow/ice still down in areas that was deep enough to where i heard my front skid plate scraping.

Pit i didnt want to cross

any further and i would have started ripping of my front bumper

Buddy got stuck and i had to pull him out.

EDIT: VIDEOS
This one is the little hill climb. Seemed a lot worse in the truck when you can see whats in front of you when the front end comes down. just as i start to come down i never realized how much "flex" if you would call it that is in the rear suspension. Little more and i think the tire would have came off the ground lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5mX3L7OjMY

This is the one going through some smaller puddles. I was suprised to hear no scraping or anything else. only downside is my engine bay is covered in mud. oh well. exxcuse the profanity. wasnt expecting the water to go as high as it did towards the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tou7ANG1Acs
Last edited by NYPathfinder on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Nice, cool pix, time for a lift. :)

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:40 am

xd9-g19 wrote:Nice, cool pix, time for a lift. :)
Thanks. I wish i had taked a lot more pics but i was having to much fun lol. Ill be doing a lift withing the next 2 weeks once i decide on what to do.
also added the two videos i have

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Very cool. Nice pics. Looks like some of the stuff we went thru this weekend. Saturday morning we were busting thru water/mud holes that had about 3" of ice on them. I was concerned about cutting a tire or damaging something underneath the truck.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:39 pm

richardekirby wrote:Very cool. Nice pics. Looks like some of the stuff we went thru this weekend. Saturday morning we were busting thru water/mud holes that had about 3" of ice on them. I was concerned about cutting a tire or damaging something underneath the truck.
Yea that's about how thick the ice was. I choose to avoid most spots if possible because I didn't wanna change a tire out there. My buddies jeep tried to go through one and he almost got stuck. The ice was about 5 in he's thick. He ended up backing out and driving through the outside so his drivers side was in it a little. Me being me I had to wade a little further in then he did. Next thing I know my truck is being sucked in. I feel the front drop alot and the rear starts sliding in. I was doing about 5mph. I threw it in reverse so quick and put my foot to the floor. Going forward wasn't an option. I ended up getting out and laughing about it but tue whole time I heard the ice slamming the front and sides. Luckily nothing got damaged and didn't blow a tire. Needless to say I wont do that again. I had it in 4HI with the traction control off already so I got really lucky. Ii will be doing some more underbody armor when I do the lift. If I have enough money rock sliders to replace the plastic steps

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:23 pm

NYPathfinder wrote:
richardekirby wrote:Very cool. Nice pics. Looks like some of the stuff we went thru this weekend. Saturday morning we were busting thru water/mud holes that had about 3" of ice on them. I was concerned about cutting a tire or damaging something underneath the truck.
I will be doing some more underbody armor when I do the lift. If I have enough money rock sliders to replace the plastic steps
I recently added the engine and T case skid plates. I scraped them up pretty good out there. I'm also glad I got rid of the plastic steps and replaced them with metal ones. I've really beat the hell out of them the past few weeks. I'm sure I would have sufferd rocker panel damage without them.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:42 pm

richardekirby wrote:
NYPathfinder wrote:
I will be doing some more underbody armor when I do the lift. If I have enough money rock sliders to replace the plastic steps
I recently added the engine and T case skid plates. I scraped them up pretty good out there. I'm also glad I got rid of the plastic steps and replaced them with metal ones. I've really beat the hell out of them the past few weeks. I'm sure I would have sufferd rocker panel damage without them.
I really haven't hit the step rails to much considering what I've gone through and im at stock height/tire size. So im gonna hold off for a few weeks till i find something i like or find someone local to fab some up. Ordering my lift this weekend along with some more skid plates. I don't plan on going off roading again till I get everything done.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:08 pm

So it turns out I did a little damage. Im pretty sure it was the big chunk of ice that hit. Drivers side fender. Right in front of the step rail is dented. Dammit.. hopefully I can pop it out.

Return to “Offroad Adventures”