Another Oklahoma Wheeling Video

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

richardekirby

Another Oklahoma Wheeling Video

Postby richardekirby » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm

This is some video of us doing a little off-roading last Saturday near McCurtain, OK. I did not get a lot of the stuff I wanted due to technical difficulties. First, I ran out of tape and did not know it until we were through with the trail. Next, my improvised camera mount got flimsy and I ended up just holding the camera.

What types of mounting systems do y'all use?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVVvCmjtZOs

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:18 pm

nice 8)

bwareheim

Postby bwareheim » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:08 pm

That looks like a real good time. Nothing to challenging just fun.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 pm

bwareheim wrote:That looks like a real good time. Nothing to challenging just fun.
We did do some challenging stuff but I did not get any video of it. One hill climb, my friend in the Grand Cherokee had a difficult time getting up the first few tries. We had to move some large rocks around to be able to get up it.

We did opt out of doing one descent though. It was about 5:30pm and about to get dark when we came up to a tricky downhill that dropped about 700 vertical feet in a very short time according to my GPS. With it getting dark and not knowing where the trail lead us, we turned around. I did mark it as a waypoint so we could get back to it next time and check it out.

Return to “Offroad Adventures”