grille options??

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NYPathfinder

grille options??

Postby NYPathfinder » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Has anyone done anything besides black out there grill or hamburger logo?I need to do something to the grill and get rid of the chrome. Painting the stock grill black or body color isnt really doing anything for me.(pics below)Maybe if i buy the black projector headlights or black mine out i may like it a little more. Im debating hacking up a spare grill if i can find one cheap enough and do something like a wire mesh. I saw it done by someone on here but can seem to find the thread.Any help or ideas is appreciated..
black:

body color

goblue90

Re: grille options??

Postby goblue90 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:47 pm

NYPathfinder wrote:Has anyone done anything besides black out there grill or hamburger logo?I need to do something to the grill and get rid of the chrome. Painting the stock grill black or body color isnt really doing anything for me.(pics below)Maybe if i buy the black projector headlights or black mine out i may like it a little more. Im debating hacking up a spare grill if i can find one cheap enough and do something like a wire mesh. I saw it done by someone on here but can seem to find the thread.Any help or ideas is appreciated..
Are you referring to this thread: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ight=grill

I like the body matched grille vs. the blacked out one... just doesn't look right with the chrome headlight housing.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:02 pm

I'm not a fan of chrome. Too hard to keep looking good, show's water spots real easy. I'm trying to find some black headlamps and then find something to do with the grille. My jeep has no chrome and sure makes it easier to keep clean in my opinion except when I take it off road and then there's no chance of keeping it clean.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Dupli-color makes a "black chrome" spray paint designed to spray on over polished metal or chrome.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/shadow/

I want to try it on my grille. I know it's still black but I think I like it a little better than the spray on bed liner look.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:24 pm

Goblue-that was the one i was looking for. But for some reason i though they got rid of the chrome V and wire meshed it completely with no emblem either. I saw on a toyota forum searching google they mounted two 6" lights behind there mesh grill. Kind of the idea of where i was trying to go in. Ill see if i can find the pic again.

Volvite- Keeping it clean i have found isn't to bad. Just not a fan of chrome at all.

pawjr74-I've never seen that before. Ill have to reaearch it a little.

Morio

Postby Morio » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:27 pm

pawjr74 wrote:Dupli-color makes a "black chrome" spray paint designed to spray on over polished metal or chrome.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/shadow/

I want to try it on my grille. I know it's still black but I think I like it a little better than the spray on bed liner look.
I am thinking of doing this too!!

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:57 pm

I think blacked out stock headlights with a body color grill would be cool and i haven't seen it done yet! Also have you thought about body color headlight trim and body color grill? I haven't seen that either, but i think it would look really clean.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:06 pm

^I havent seen that done either. Most people just black out the grill because its the cheaper method and can be done in your driveway. Body color You kind of have to bring it to a body shop to get it to match properly. Im not to sure about body color lights and grill. Ill have to have someone photoshop something to get an idea how it would look.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:00 am

Check out these threads on clubfrontier:

This guy put lights behind the mesh:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f103 ... ead-64566/

General "grilles" thread:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/ ... les-53478/

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Wed May 04, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks fellas.. I picked up the wire mesh last nite. Gonna install it in the next few days. Mesh is going to be black.with a burger delete. Im going to keep the chrome V on the grill till I figure out what I want to do with my.headlights. I am going to.install my hid retrofitted hellas behind the grill. And am unsure what.im.going to do with the white rhino light bar.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Thu May 05, 2011 6:21 am

NYPathfinder wrote:Thanks fellas.. I picked up the wire mesh last nite. Gonna install it in the next few days. Mesh is going to be black.with a burger delete. Im going to keep the chrome V on the grill till I figure out what I want to do with my.headlights. I am going to.install my hid retrofitted hellas behind the grill. And am unsure what.im.going to do with the white rhino light bar.
What type of wire mesh did you end up getting? Looking forward to seeing pictures when you're done.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Thu May 05, 2011 7:46 am

i got it from Lowes. I'll try and snap a pic of it before i go to work.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue May 10, 2011 12:00 pm

I only.have two.pics for now. It was a pain to cut out the factory grill you didn't need. Was also my first time.using a dremel so its not that pretty. Its only noticeable when Ure about a foot away. But other then that I think it turned out decent. Let me know what you think.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:28 pm

NYPathfinder wrote:I only.have two.pics for now. It was a pain to cut out the factory grill you didn't need. Was also my first time.using a dremel so its not that pretty. Its only noticeable when Ure about a foot away. But other then that I think it turned out decent. Let me know what you think.
It looks great in the pictures.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Tue May 10, 2011 7:46 pm

goblue90 wrote:
NYPathfinder wrote:I only.have two.pics for now. It was a pain to cut out the factory grill you didn't need. Was also my first time.using a dremel so its not that pretty. Its only noticeable when Ure about a foot away. But other then that I think it turned out decent. Let me know what you think.
It looks great in the pictures.
Thanks. Im going to have to hack up another grill because i broke a few clips off and the chrome trim doesn't sit flush. I can re use the wire mesh because i actually cut that damn near perfect to my surprise. Im just debating still what to do with the chrome. I should have my hellas mouted behind there in the next few weeks. Then what to do with the light bar.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”