The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Squeaky Front End - 2008 Pathdfinder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
volvite
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar1 wrote:
skinny2 wrote:
mar1 wrote:
had same problem. sway bar bushings

Did you replace with OEM or try the aftermarket poly discussed above?

OEM under warranty

Gotta love that warranty.
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
skinny2
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I complained about the squeak while still under warranty...they said they sprayed a bunch of parts and that should fix it. Rolling Eyes They also couldn't figure out my HVAC system which likes to switch from arctic to hell at any given moment. Oh well, that happens with some things that are sporadic. Easier just to fix it yourself sometimes. I climbed under and could easily see the bushings on the sway bar are crap. Not sure that's my squeak but it does explain some of the sloppier handling.
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech wrote:
yup, new part #'s. I can get them for you if needed (i'm on a different computer right now). If you can find aftermarket, be warned...."performance" urethane can be squeakier

Please. Just need to see if the "new" part number is the same as the current part number listed on Courtesy.

I installed all the bushings on my last vehicle, a POS Durango, with poly & had to lube the bushings every 3 months or so because of the noise they produced. Poly are absolutely more durable, but I agree that it can sometimes come at a cost. I'm willing to try the "new" OEM bushings though.
Green

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVSteve wrote:
Tech wrote:
yup, new part #'s. I can get them for you if needed (i'm on a different computer right now). If you can find aftermarket, be warned...."performance" urethane can be squeakier

Please. Just need to see if the "new" part number is the same as the current part number listed on Courtesy.

I installed all the bushings on my last vehicle, a POS Durango, with poly & had to lube the bushings every 3 months or so because of the noise they produced. Poly are absolutely more durable, but I agree that it can sometimes come at a cost. I'm willing to try the "new" OEM bushings though.

I second this. I've got the squeak as well, but in the past would go away for a month or two after every oil change. I'm sure I was dripping oil from the filter onto the sway bar bushings and lubing them up real good Very Happy but that squeak is not going away anymore.
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some time today to look at my bushings and they really need to be replaced. Huge gap all the way around between the bar and bushing. Kind of like they were squeezed in a vice and never bounced back. Just waiting on the new part number.
Tech

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinny2 - sorry man, didn't see your PM - did you get sorted out? PM again if you need. If I can help, I certainly will

Here are the bushing P/N's as requested;

R51 V8 - 54613-ZT00A
R51 V6 - 54613-ZL10A

They come pre-greased, just have to clean the bar before you re-install....

Anyone selling their "wood-grain"?

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF ME, I DON'T EXIST!!
skinny2
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the PN's as I've got to get these ordered. No problem on the PM....I was trying to figure out which temp sensor to order for the HVAC. It goes wonky when restarting and I'm constantly adjusting temp 5-10 to stay comfy. There's one sensor inside and one outside...I think I'll just order them both.
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech wrote:
Here are the bushing P/N's as requested;

Thanks!
Green

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the part #'s. That squeak is driving me crazy. I haven't been under the Pathy to really look things over, but anyone know of a write up on how to do this? I haven't even been able to find a Chiltons or Haynes manual for the Pathfinder. Would the Haynes for the Frontier/Xterra work?
Bandy1080

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whoever said it was the hood latch wins the prize! I went in to get it serviced convinced that it was the bushings. Turns out that it was just a loose part under the hood. Squeaking front end completely fixed!

With that said and now that I have some quiet, I have noticed a new squeaking noise in the interior of the car. It seems like it is in the right rear of the car behind the passenger seat. Since I always drive alone I can't really pinpoint where it is. Has anyone else experienced this?

Either way, I am so glad the front end was fixed and that noise has disappeared.
pathology

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the behind the passenger seat one too. Haven't figured it out yet, but think I have it narrowed to the window molding.
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandy1080 wrote:
So whoever said it was the hood latch wins the prize! I went in to get it serviced convinced that it was the bushings. Turns out that it was just a loose part under the hood. Squeaking front end completely fixed!

Could you let us know which part, specifically, was the culprit?
Bandy1080

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't pay much attention to the explanation, I was just happy to have it fixed. From what I can remember they said it was a part of the hood banging into the radiator.
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandy1080 wrote:
Sorry I didn't pay much attention to the explanation, I was just happy to have it fixed. From what I can remember they said it was a part of the hood banging into the radiator.

Hmm, the only thing that "bangs" into the radiator is the hood latch. Either a bolt was loose or they just greased it. I stopped by and got my $3 bushings yesterday, so I'll throw those on and see if it helps. My problem with squeaking doesn't show up until I'm off road somewhere and really banging around. At that point, I have the squeak from hell up front. I'll also lube the hinges and the hinge latch, but all I have around are a number of different cans of silicone spray, no grease. For those who have lubed, did you use silicone or a grease? If grease, what kind?
gkb62001

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used grease on the hood latch and it works like a charm. You don't need something as thick as axle grease, but if you use something thinner like hinge grease you may end up doing it every 3 to 6 months.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: