Rear Door Handles

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

caesarson

Rear Door Handles

Postby caesarson » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:39 am

Hi Both of my rear door handles have gone. Not to sure why yet as I need to get them off at the weekend. Can anyone let me know of any suppliers in the UK for these. Or are they dealership only. Also is there a known fix for these. The external handle part is still there. So something internal must have broke.

Thanks

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 am

This might be a stupid question, but are you sure the Child safety lock isn't activated? I haven't heard of the door handle breaking too often.
Last edited by AZ_Path on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

caesarson

Postby caesarson » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 am

It's a known issue in the UK that the outer side of the door handle snaps from the plastic box unit that attaches to the door. Or the pin brakes within the unit. I'll know what part has broke once I get them off

Thanks

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:06 am

Interesting. I didn't realize it was a known issue. Is it specific to the UK model? Are they different somehow?

Macker

Postby Macker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi there, did you ever find a uk supplier? My newly purchased 05 has a rear handle broken

Pathfinding

Postby Pathfinding » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:19 am

Had my rear passenger handle let go a while back. I couldn't get it open cause of the child lock so I got an old card, like a credit card, got inside and pushed the card behind the door to disengage the child lock.
The door handle wouldn't work because the plastic clip that holds the door cable in place had snapped. Out came the cable ties and I was back in business!
Dunno if it's the same problem as yours but hopefully it helps in some way.

Cheers
Ben

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”