Rebadge

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

bozoneX

Rebadge

Postby bozoneX » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:07 pm

The ol PATHFINDER lettering and hamburgers are looking like trash. I'm going to take them off, sand and paint. They will also be rearranged so it will now be the DIRT HEAP! Also, someone with a nicer rig needs to rename theirs DAPHNE RIFT. What sort of adhesive should I use to stick the letters back on?

VStar650CL

Re: Rebadge

Postby VStar650CL » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:43 pm

Cute. The funniest one I ever saw was on an old pre-Nissan pickup, a 521 maybe. The owner painted out the "D" and "N" in DATSUN and added some smaller text to get this result:

ATSU
GESUNDHEIT

bozoneX

Postby bozoneX » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:40 pm

I ended up using clear 3M mounting tape cut to the outlines of the badges. The hamburger will never look that good considering the metal plating was flaking off, but the gray hides it well enough. I removed as much flaking material as I could with a blade, but it seemed better to sand and leave the remains than remove and try not to gouge the plastic.
Attachments
IMG_6072.jpg

Trout

Postby Trout » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:31 pm

My wife and I are avid Flyfishers and use our Pathfinder for finding back country lakes. Hence our new badge.
Attachments
Fishfinder.jpg

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”