Pathfinder 4x4 Accessories

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

Do you plan on buying skid plates for your Pathfinder in the future?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:17 pm

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 9

Rasta4x4USA

Pathfinder 4x4 Accessories

Postby Rasta4x4USA » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:17 pm

Hello Everyone

My name is Dorel Maller, and I have just opened up a distributing location in the USA for the Rasta 4x4 accessories. These products are top of the line. Our Skid Plates are made from 5052 aluminum and are 6mm thick to protect your rig from the roughest terrains out there. And our sill protection is no joke either.

Also, we have a Swing Away Tire Mount to move that spare tire from under your vehicle to the back to give you some more clearance. Afterall, a spare tire is useless if it's flat from hitting rocks and such. Not only does it provide the ease of use, but looks great too.

During the month of February, I have been given permission to take 15% off on any product for the Nissan Pathfinder if you say you are from TheNissanPath.com and are a registered USER. We want to do our part to make this forum the path to Pathfinder info.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:47 pm

Prices? I'm very interested, but would like to see the various price breakdowns for each of the skid plates, and also the skid plate combo package.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:39 pm

Call me skeptical but thats how it goes on the Intarweb.

Looks like your website has only existed since the end of December, 07 and the only info I have found about you/your current company are basically duplicates of this post offering discounts on all kinds of 4x4 related sites. Are you just a state-side reseller/distributor for the overseas parts or are the parts made state-side to their specs? Important information because if orders are placed and the customer has to wait on a container that could put a serious delay on the product.

I don't see an address listed on your website or in your DNS Registrar, do you have a legitimate store front where the products can be viewed or do you work primarily from the mail?

I suppose that's it for now. I'm sure I'll ask more questions as they come to me. You could be a guy just trying to pimp out his new business or a shady salesman trying to take advantage. At any rate you should probably contact the site admin RacerZX to make sure its ok to pimp your wares.

Rasta4x4USA

Rasta4x4USA

Postby Rasta4x4USA » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:51 am

To NVSteve,

Here are the currdent prices that we have:
(Note: This is before the 15% discount) :D

Nissan Pathfinder - Skid Plate (Complete Set) - $$1,210

Nissan Pathfinder - Front Bumper Skid Plate $550

Nissan Pathfinder - Gearbox/Transfer Skid Plate $550
* Sold as ONE piece
Nissan Pathfinder - Fuel Tank Skid Plate $410

To blink32,

Yes, as I stated, we are a new distributor in the USA. The manufacturer it out of Israel and is a very known manufacturer named Merkavim. Our office is based in Florida, but we don't put an address because we mostly send our products via mail. We have inventory on hand for quick shipment, but yes, WE have to wait for a container each time. Currently, as I stated, we have just opened up, and we are waiting on our second container now. The original manufacturer website is www.rasta4x4.com which we modified to fit our needs here in the USA. You will see a close resemblemce. If I had it my way, I would have changed the entire site, but the manufacturer insisted we oopy theirs. We are not a shady dealer and I'm sure we will never become such. I do thank you for your response. I hope I clarified most if not all of your questions. If not, please let me know.

To All,
If you are interested in a partcular item, you can e-mail us and we will check the status of it in our inventory.

Rasta4x4USA

Postby Rasta4x4USA » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:08 am

To blink32,

Thank you again for your response. I just noticed the classifieds information. I failed to read the entire thing last time and missed the last sentence. I have e-mailed the owner of the forums to clarify things. Hopefully he allows us to post.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:03 am

Dorel,

It might make this thread a bit cleaner if you were to post some photos of the various skids. I think threads become far more attractive and interesting when we have the full details, pics included.

Thanks

Rasta4x4USA

Postby Rasta4x4USA » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 am

OH... ofcourse.. np... Pictures I got!!!! :)

Ready??

Complete Set Skid Plates
Front Bumper Skid Plate with Air Intake
Gearbox & Transfer Skid Plate
Fuel Tank Skid Plate
Complete Set Underbody View

If you wish to see other images... just let me know. I just have to edit them and upload them.

Rasta4x4USA

Sill Protection are also Side Steps

Postby Rasta4x4USA » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:45 am

Here is a view of the Side Steps which protect the sill.

Sill Protection/Side Steps
Image on Website

Anything else let me know :0

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:21 pm

Welcome to the forum Dorel, looks like some good products that you are selling for some applications. I looked through your website and didn't see a rear differential skid plate for the PF though,...is one being developed.

In this part of the world most of the back country trails which give problems are usually deep mud mixed with roots, rock and vegetation which either tends to pack in between skid plates and components if they have too close a gap, or rip off things like mufflers and brake lines. Installing tapered mufflers and tucking in any exposed lines helps as well as installing fairly narrow skid plates so that they can clean themselves somewhat.

As a further question what is the side step composed of...plastic over steel or a polyurethane type bar. Thanks.

Rasta4x4USA

Skid Plates and Sill protection descriptions

Postby Rasta4x4USA » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Greybrick,

I asked the manufacturer about the rear differential. His response was it is a very strong product and takes weeks to develop. Looks like the product is being manufactered, but will not be ready for a little while longer.

As for the Skid Plates, they are installed as close as possible and they have holes designed for easy cleaning purposes. These holes allow you to use a hose to wash out all the mud through the holes.

The rock sliders are made of steel. The description he provided me is they used the following materials: steel st-37 all over 50 mmx100mm. I hope that helps you.

If there are any other questions I can help you with, just let me know.

geoffstgermaine

Postby geoffstgermaine » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:32 pm

I'm interested in the swing away tire mount, however it looks like it obscures the license plate. I suppose it could be the angle of the shot in addition to the fact that the PF in the photo doesn't have a license plate for perspective.

Rasta4x4USA

Swing Away Tire Mount

Postby Rasta4x4USA » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:55 am

To geoffstgermaine,

The original icense plate area is covered slightly by the swing away tire mount. However, the swing away tire mount has a built in license plate holder to correct this. Below is a picture of the swing away tire mount. The Rasta4x4 name is the actual place of the license plate. If you have any further questions or would like price info, please call or e-mail us at [email protected].

Actual view with license plate here. Don't worry... it fits the US plate as well!!

Thank you for your interest in our products! We look forward to helping you set up your Nissan Pathfinder for that off-roading adventure.

geoffstgermaine

Postby geoffstgermaine » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Dorel, the pictures aren't working. Thanks for the reply.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:16 am

geoffstgermaine wrote:Dorel, the pictures aren't working. Thanks for the reply.
i can see all of the pics fine, so they are working for some of us at least.

still looking at underbody armor...how long will the 15% discount be around?

Rasta4x4USA

Promotional Period

Postby Rasta4x4USA » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:58 am

guinnessjim wrote:
geoffstgermaine wrote:Dorel, the pictures aren't working. Thanks for the reply.
i can see all of the pics fine, so they are working for some of us at least.

still looking at underbody armor...how long will the 15% discount be around?
The promotional pricing will be around until the end of February this year. However, we may extend the promotion one more month. There is no guarantee on this though. If you contact us one or two days after February, we will still honor the promotional price for you Guinnessjim. I can't promise you after that though. We had a customer call us complaining that our prices were too high. He pointed me to skid plates that were priced cheaper. Upon further examination, we noticed that the skid plates were only 1/8 in thick. Ours are really close to 1/4 in thick. Even without the discount, our prices are really good for the products we offer.

Again, thank you for your interest in our products, and I look forward to doing business with you all.

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”