Second glove box

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Gray

Second glove box

Postby Gray » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:28 am

Just wondering if everyone has found the second glove box, it hadn't been shown to me at the dealership and didn't get noticed until about a month ago when my son was fooling around and said hey dad what's this... :)

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:38 am

Yea, and I hate it. Basically useless. I use it to store napkins. But then the regular glove box is barely big enough to hold the owners manual booklet, nav manual, a few pens and a tiny notebook.

RxZ

Postby RxZ » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:12 am

Yeah, my salesman had showed that to me. My wife drives the truck mos tof the time though, and doesn't keep anything in there. I throw random stuff that I don't want in my pockets in there when I go to the gym in her car, and that is about it. We do keep a small flashlight in there though, in case we ever need it.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:16 am

Fortunately when I bought my Pfinder, the dealer showed me both glove boxes.
On the other hand, I didnt find the 3rd dome light (the one by the rear hatch) 'til I had it about a month. :?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:08 am

I actually use the top (smallest) one the most. I have my pens, post-its, registration & insurance, small notebook, fuel mileage notebook, air pressure gauge, etc.

I'm trying to think of what I have in the larger glove box...I believe the real small basic owner's manual and a few things for the cell phone.

Does anyone use the compartment under the 2nd row for anything? On a regular basis? I like the fact it is there, but have yet to use it for anything. When I bought it, I told myself that it will be used for those times when I want to tuck keys or valuables out of the way.

Billy T.

Postby Billy T. » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:32 am

NVSteve wrote:
Does anyone use the compartment under the 2nd row for anything? On a regular basis? I like the fact it is there, but have yet to use it for anything. When I bought it, I told myself that it will be used for those times when I want to tuck keys or valuables out of the way.
The smuggler box...

:)

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:55 am

I use the upper box for little things like registration, a small altmeter, etc.

The owner's manual and the other little manuals they give you hogged the whole lower box, so I ended up shoving those under the front seat.

I keep a tow strap and duct tape in the "smugglers box".

ralphwiggums

Postby ralphwiggums » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:57 pm

'2nd glove box' ..... like duh.

as for that useless compartment under the seats - useless.

geoffstgermaine

Postby geoffstgermaine » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:40 pm

I'd have preferred that the PF had one large glove box than one small one and one tiny one. I also don't use the storage compartment underneath the second row seats. IMO it is in there in a way that makes it quite difficult to use. I'd have preferred some kind of storage compartment in the back by the gate to the one underneath the seats.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:35 pm

geoffstgermaine wrote:I also don't use the storage compartment underneath the second row seats. IMO it is in there in a way that makes it quite difficult to use.
Got that right! :!: It is a good concept, I suppose, to have a hidden storage bin like that. But having to flip the seat(s) to get to it makes it a royal PITA to use. Mine has been empty since day-one. Nissan could have saved themselves a few bucks per unit by deleting that from the feature list, and I doubt that anyone would have missed it.

In all fairness, the '01 Isuzu Trooper I traded had the same feature, although IT was big enough to store the jumper cables I always carry, as well as my hitch ballmount. That's not the case with the PF, as those same cables now lay wrapped in a towel in the cargo area, and the ballmount lives in my garage. Having said all that, carping about the thing seems nit-picking.
Last edited by SilverGhost on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:01 pm

My wife actually uses the upper one for her gloves. Imagine that, gloves in a glove box!

RxZ

Postby RxZ » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:20 pm

We have yet to use the 2nd row storage for anything, but in my old Titan I kept my jumper cables, flashlight, and a few tools in the underseat storage it had. The Titan had a large under-seat storage bin. It was removable as well if you needed to flip the seats up for really big stuff that you didn't want in the bed.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:09 pm

i keep the balls and mount for my trailer hitch in the smugglers box (tried to hide myself from stomtroopers in there once, but didn't quite fit :wink: ). as for the second glove box, i actually like it...keep my lanyard w/ badges, keys, etc. there...no more forgetting it at home.

Brit

Postby Brit » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:38 am

I keep a tow strap, a couple of shackles and a pair of work gloves in the 'smugglers box', hopefully stuff I don't need on a regular basis !
I agree, it would be more useful if it were slighty bigger.
As for the second glovebox, I've got a slim fire extinguisher and tissues in there, no room for anything else.

amr40509

Postby amr40509 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:04 am

The box under the seats has been worthless for me. I haven't found anything that would really fit in there and it's just too much of a PIA to get to.

The top glove box is a good fit for a Glock 27, spare mag, and led flashlight.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”