Remote Start

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

thehumphries

Remote Start

Postby thehumphries » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:28 pm

Hey Guys,

Quick question for you. Looking to get a remote start for the Pathy as an Xmas present for the wife. Local place in Madison is $400 installed.

Thoughts on price? I can't install it as time and knowledge is rather limited.

Thanks.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:11 am

Not sure what the cost should be, however have you tried getting a quote from other shops? Have you visited a Best buy, Car Toys or other Automotive electronic shops to get a quote? Just worth a shot when you are looking to spend a good amount of cash on it.

thehumphries

Postby thehumphries » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:08 am

Best buy is between $300-$400, but different manufacturer. I have no clue who is good, who is cheap, who is bad.

Anyone have any recommendations?

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:58 am

It has been recommended that DEI (Directed Electronics Inc.) are the best ones you should go for. They are the ones that first created the remote start using a smartphone app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG_zTIRR ... re=related

gond34

Postby gond34 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:54 am

I agree DEI is the best choice. I spent years selling and installing them and DEI was by far the best. I've had four of them, inlcuding the two-way responders, myself and have never had an issue Most of what you will see at Best Buy stores is DEI. Viper, Python, and I believe Avital are all owned by DEI. Just double check the fine print on the box and it will list Directed Electronics as the manufacturer.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”