a wealth of information...

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

BattleWagon

a wealth of information...

Postby BattleWagon » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:05 pm

is on the Frontier Navarra Club site

being that we share a lot of the same components on the front end, I found this really interesting. such as the Titan control arm swap...

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/ ... ics-13061/

I figured this site could be helpful as there is a lot more aftermarket tuning on Frontiers than Pathfinders.

and interestingly enough there is no Pathfinder section there.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:54 pm

just noticed today that Armadas have IRS, assuming then that you could swap out the rear UCAs and LCAs as well.

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:29 pm

I looked into an Armada/Titan swap a while back. A lot of components will bolt right up to our subframes but the diffs and half-shafts also need to be swapped and the prop shafts will require custom spacers to mate with the Armada diffs. I won't even get started on the cost of fender flares. Let's just say it would be a cool but costly project. It's a sweet idea if desert racing is in your future because the extra width and suspension travel would be amazing on the smaller Pathfinder. I thought about doing just a front end swap like a lot of the Fronty guys have done before I lifted my PF. What stopped me was the huge increase in track. I wouldn't fit on a lot of my local trails with an extra 6 inches of width at the wheels.

Having said that, I'd still love to see someone do it. Yup. That's a dare...

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:38 am

I'll consider it when my wife retires it of DD duty.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”