NEXT GENERATION PATHFINDER TEASER

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

gond34

Postby gond34 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Not liking it at all... I'd get laughed at pulling up to a job site in that thing. While I'm sure it'll be a great UAV (urban assault vehicle), it's just not rugged enough looking for me... :( Oh well... I guess it's the XTerra or a Jeep for me next!

Theeflash

Postby Theeflash » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:48 am

I would've bought a Murano if I wanted to hand in my man card. Looks like the last pathy I ever buy will be a loaded 2012 LE (probably my next vehicle anyways)

ibwahooka

Postby ibwahooka » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:49 am

I would have to agree that the backend looks to much like the Murano. Now, if they could have taken the concept frontend and left the old backend, I could go for that. Looks like they are trying to bridge that luxury SUV/Crossover Infinity/Nissan gap and really appeal to soccer moms again.

Some of the interior features I could go for: DVD on the headrest, dual panoramic sunroof, and the pushbutton start. It has the same pushbutton as the Altima/Maxima. Plus the current DVD system when it's down completely dominates the rear window. I don't mind the current keyless system for the 2011s, but it can be kind of a pain.

I'm not too sure about the CVT on an SUV. I had it in my Altima and it was beautiful, but I remember the guys at the dealership telling me to never haul that much with it, because it puts a real strain on the transmission. It is a very smooth transmission though. I would agree that if I did get a new Pathfinder, it would have to be a V8 just to get a standard transmission.

I will have to see what the final design will be before I make up my mind. I don't do too much offroading with my current Pathfinder, but I do haul a lot with it.

daisy212

Postby daisy212 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:45 am

Hate the look of the new pathfinder. I love my pathfinder on number 2 thinking about trading for another but there is no way I would trade for one of the 2013. I think the 2013 version may hit nisson in the pocket book. Just so disappointed in Nissons decision to do this . The pathfinder is a beast in its own right. Style on the road and performance off the road.

thepoPEye

Postby thepoPEye » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:32 pm

This new vehicle makes me sick. I already voiced my opinion to Nissan that it looks like a van missing the signature rear door handle and my R50 gets crap gas millage and I don't care cuz I love it. I can't afford gas but I still don't care lol.maybe i'm an ass

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:02 pm

It sucks that Nissan spends their RnD dollars on a completely new, niche vehicle like the Juke when they could have just made a new and better Pathfinder and then enlarged the Murano to keep both sides of the SUV-CUV war happy. Those vehicles put Nissan back in the SUV and CUV game. Bummed. I prefer the chiseled jaw of the R51.

Return to “R52 General Chat”