Hello from Norway! (2005 Pathfinder LE)

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

sveintore

Hello from Norway! (2005 Pathfinder LE)

Postby sveintore » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Bought myself a nice '05 Pathfinder LE yesterday. Black of course :)

Had a '05 Suzuki XL7, and what an upgrade this is.

Pictures will come whenever it stops raining :)

Diesel engine, that's most economically here in norway, and because of norwegian tax-rules, no back seats (which suits me fine).

I hope I'll find much good info in this forum.

Any mods i "must" do?

BTW, a fully specced brand new pathfinder with back seats is about USD 150.000 here.. (madness, most of it is taxes)

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:05 am

depends what you want to do w/ it.

i'd say a new suspension is a must if you want to go off road...and tires, and skid plates.... :wink:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:16 am

Okay, I actually had to look up where Molde is in Norway. I thought I had been to pretty much every town there, but I guess not. Forgetting the Pathfinder for a moment, you absolutely have to post a few photos from your town and the surroundings. I have to admit that if I were to get the chance to move outside the US again, Norway would be tied as my first choice (along with NZ). So, welcome to the forum. Even with the insanely high living costs, I would live there in a heartbeat. Beautiful country & the most wonderful people I have yet to meet anywhere.

As to your Pathfinder, what type of driving do you normally do with it? Types of roads, etc?

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:35 pm

Molde is a rather small town (about 24000 people) , but great.. not much of a partytown, unless the one week a year with molde international jazz festival. (but then, I'm no partyman)

Here's a couple of links to pictures:
Although I look at myself as an amateur photographer, I have no good photos from the town..

From the towns lookout point.. (where all the tourists go)
http://home.c2i.net/naturepics/index.htm

Our latest hotel ("copy" of one in Dubai)
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilde:Mold ... r_2005.jpg

Town centre from the sea:
http://www.norphoto.com/r/m.php?p=10094&w=nor3441

The nature is really stunning when the weather is ok ;)

I drive very little offroad, mostly "small" highways and driving around town. So no offroad mods are necessary.

I have given up on the idea of getting my ipod to work with my car. A stereo without xm/sirius or what you call it won't work I guess :(
So I'll get a Garmin with a big memory card an FM modulator, but it's just not the same..

A bit disappointed by the door mats, I'd really like the Weathertech Floorliner (http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvprod ... &Year=2005)
But no dealer here, and ordering them from abroad will be too expensive..

I'm getting a stone/bug deflector and side window deflectors.
Any other suggestions that will make the car stand out?

Brit

Postby Brit » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Sveintore

Looking at those pictures it certainly looks stunning.
Hopefully sometime in the future I'd like to drive up to Nordkapp, I've been looking to do it for a while now. I'd planned on getting the ferry to Bergen then taking the long drive up there.
Maybe one day...

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:03 pm

Nordkapp will be a long drive, but totally worth it.

I'm trying to decide what to do this summer, to drive north or south for a couple of weeks. I'd take my two dogs with me and go hiking and camping.. Would be awesome :) Maybe visit a couple of friends that has scattered around the whole country. We'll se :)

Brit

Postby Brit » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:12 pm

You'll certainly have plenty of room in the rear for your camping gear and dogs, I've just looked at the picture you posted, it's huge without the seats in !!
That must make quite a difference to the overall weight of the car having no seats at all in the rear.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:52 pm

Brit wrote:Sveintore

Looking at those pictures it certainly looks stunning.
Hopefully sometime in the future I'd like to drive up to Nordkapp, I've been looking to do it for a while now. I'd planned on getting the ferry to Bergen then taking the long drive up there.
Maybe one day...
All right, tone it down some. No need to rub in the fact that you can hop a ferry to Scandinavia :wink:

Even if I lived on the east coast, it would be one hell of a long ride on a container ship just to hit the European continent, let alone flying over and meeting up with the vehicle, then driving on from there. I'd certainly do it if I had 1 year of vacation, but that's never going to happen.

Totally agree about the pictures. I seem to enjoy all the towns on the coast there, especially Stavanger and Bergen.

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:09 am

Welcome Sveintore, from my time here and from what I've seen the intent here is international. :)

Brit

Postby Brit » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:13 am

All right, tone it down some. No need to rub in the fact that you can hop a ferry to Scandinavia
Guilty as charged :lol:

On the flip side though, you're talking about heading up to Death Valley for a trail meet soon, I'd chew my own arm off for a chance to do that !! :wink:

You're right as well GB, it definately has an 'international' flavour on here, I think that's a credit to everyone on the forum and to Carl for getting it up and running in the first place.

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:47 am

A quick question.. Has the 4x4 system changed any from 05 to the 08?

Any big changes in the cars at all?

Brit

Postby Brit » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:12 am

I don't think there have been any drive-line change's, just a few cosmetic one's. Such as the side repeaters are now on the wing mirror's, puddle lamp's, courtesy light's in the footwell's and different style wheel's. The other thing I heard was that the carpet was thicker for better sound proofing, though I may be wrong on that one, but I'm sure someone will enlighten us. :)
I not aware of any other changes, from a European spec point of view at least.

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:08 pm

Brit wrote: That must make quite a difference to the overall weight of the car having no seats at all in the rear.
The registration says 2175KG, that makes it 4795 pounds. Whats the weight of one with seats?

Brit

Postby Brit » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:31 pm

The tech. spec. is quoting a GVW of 2880kg and a kerb weight of 2275kg (5015lb), so I'm presuming the later figure is the one, so it's 100kg, which to be honest is less of a difference than I initially thought.

sveintore

Postby sveintore » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Well, when picking out the seats, they add the metal wall, and a metal floor that probably adds some weight.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”