'95 needs audio overhaul

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

ghettorigged

'95 needs audio overhaul

Postby ghettorigged » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:03 pm

Love my truck but the sound system is the pits...Original cassette player with factory speakers and zero quality.

I checked with Crutchfield.com and it seems like every option they have requires me to do some form of metal cutting/bending to install new speakers. Why? Is the opening not fit for typical 5x7 speakers? Anyone have any experience with this? My pathfinder has 8 speakers and I would really like to start by replacing the two sets of 5x7s in the doors and rear pillar. Then at some point move on the the sets of tweeters.

Advice is much appreciated, thanks!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:36 pm

I've run across this before. Especially with door speakers that should be 6 1/2", but are actually some other odd sized OEM. I haven't looked at speakers in a while, but I know the last time I did, some of the speakers out there were able to fit odd sized openings. Hard to believe you couldn't find anything through Crutchfield though. Maybe you should give them a call and see what they say?

haascncvf2

Postby haascncvf2 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:29 pm

ive had speaker issues in my 95 sev6 so i finally pulled the grill and discovered it was an alpine SPS-57C2 also sold at crutchfield.com

so now i have to basically rewire my rears if i want them to work . ..

G L

Bradwm2

Postby Bradwm2 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:54 pm

dont feel bad i had to rewire my whole audio system in my truck

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”