Lift finally done!!!! What do you think?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:32 pm

mtcoastie

Postby mtcoastie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Haha, thanks. I'm happy how the front bumper turned out, after months of waiting without answers. And I got a rear bumper from them too that I'm really upset with, customer service and overall disregard for quality. I've been meaning to start a thread to warn people about them, and I'm kind of torqued that photo is still on their website.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:56 am

It took them quite a while to get me my front bumper, about 2x what they quoted me timewise. And of course, the cost for delivery was outrageous, even though they sent it to my shop, vs a residential address, which they said it would have saved me $$$. Turned out, that too as a a fib.

It was the only option as all the other manufacturers "were not taking orders at this time" since they were fully booked, and had a much farther ETA than TAG did.

I've read all the horror stories about them and what their former company was called (can't recall the name). In any case, that's why I haven't gone with the rear bumper at this time from them.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:05 pm

I'm still on my jeep forum and there have been plenty of horror stories about TAG and their lack of communication, customer service and quality. They show nice stuff, but it always seems to cost more money once you actually receive the item to make it fit to your rig.

KonaPathinder

Few Q's

Postby KonaPathinder » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks for the breakdown.
We have an '08 with the Calmini lift, and the shocks are very tired. I was curious if you ordered the coil overs from PRG or another supplier(PRG gets really back-ordered sometimes), and did you use a stock sized rear shock? Our rear suspension bottom's out very easily so we are considering getting a slightly larger spring as a replacement as well as a shocks. I installed airbags to cushion the contact, but it's still rough.
One more bit of advice; you will need to upgrade your stabilizer end links or if you are braver than I, remove it all together. We went through two pairs or end links, then upgraded to the PRG Products end links. Shortly there after, we broke the welds that secure the stabilizer to the truck. After welding that back to the truck, no more issues.
Take Care

mtcoastie wrote:Here is the list of suppliers, for all of the lift kit stuff, all prices with tax and shipping:

Bilstein 4600 rear shocks-$143.16
Radflo 2.0 front coil overs-$824.65

Those are from 4x4parts.com

Calmini 5" lift kit-$1699.30

17 x 9 KMC Addict 6x4.5" +18mm ALL-BLACK and 1" spacers from customwheelsdirect.com-$1000

Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs through my work, mounted and balanced-$1116.39

I got the install and alignment done at a local place called hardcore trucks, and they charged me $610

For a grand total of......$6509.89, ugh....thats the first time I added it up!

I just had a new baby, so I wasn't able to install it myself due to the time, it probably would have taken me 2 days. It doesn't seem like it would be to hard to do for the average mechanic though. The only thing the guys that installed it said was kind of odd is that the tie rods have to be swapped from the driver and passenger side, and flipped upside down. Other than that, it seemed fairly simple.

As for the other stuff, I just did an ebay search for what I was looking for

I got the intake and gibson exhaust about a year ago for $550 shipped

The headlights and taillights are also from an ebay store, I think they were about $250 for both sets.

The roof rack is a yakima rack, and I don't remember what I paid for that, but I got it at REI in Anchorage, AK.

That is a bull bar on the front, I regret buying it, I literally rolled into a minivan from a stop, and totally fucked up the bumper. I am now looking into getting the shrockworks front bumper with the insurance money, I am going to start a poll to see what people think about either with or without the center hoop.
[/img]

NmexMAX

Re: Few Q's

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:49 pm

KonaPathinder wrote:Thanks for the breakdown.
We have an '08 with the Calmini lift, and the shocks are very tired. I was curious if you ordered the coil overs from PRG or another supplier(PRG gets really back-ordered sometimes), and did you use a stock sized rear shock? Our rear suspension bottom's out very easily so we are considering getting a slightly larger spring as a replacement as well as a shocks. I installed airbags to cushion the contact, but it's still rough.
One more bit of advice; you will need to upgrade your stabilizer end links or if you are braver than I, remove it all together. We went through two pairs or end links, then upgraded to the PRG Products end links. Shortly there after, we broke the welds that secure the stabilizer to the truck. After welding that back to the truck, no more issues.
Take Care

mtcoastie wrote:Here is the list of suppliers, for all of the lift kit stuff, all prices with tax and shipping:

Bilstein 4600 rear shocks-$143.16
Radflo 2.0 front coil overs-$824.65

Those are from 4x4parts.com

Calmini 5" lift kit-$1699.30

17 x 9 KMC Addict 6x4.5" +18mm ALL-BLACK and 1" spacers from customwheelsdirect.com-$1000

Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs through my work, mounted and balanced-$1116.39

I got the install and alignment done at a local place called hardcore trucks, and they charged me $610

For a grand total of......$6509.89, ugh....thats the first time I added it up!

I just had a new baby, so I wasn't able to install it myself due to the time, it probably would have taken me 2 days. It doesn't seem like it would be to hard to do for the average mechanic though. The only thing the guys that installed it said was kind of odd is that the tie rods have to be swapped from the driver and passenger side, and flipped upside down. Other than that, it seemed fairly simple.

As for the other stuff, I just did an ebay search for what I was looking for

I got the intake and gibson exhaust about a year ago for $550 shipped

The headlights and taillights are also from an ebay store, I think they were about $250 for both sets.

The roof rack is a yakima rack, and I don't remember what I paid for that, but I got it at REI in Anchorage, AK.

That is a bull bar on the front, I regret buying it, I literally rolled into a minivan from a stop, and totally fucked up the bumper. I am now looking into getting the shrockworks front bumper with the insurance money, I am going to start a poll to see what people think about either with or without the center hoop.
[/img]

Got any pics of your Pathfinder? Sounds pretty fun with the front stabilizer deal. What are the specs on yours, tires, etc?

KonaPathinder

Pic coming soon

Postby KonaPathinder » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:36 pm

We have Toyo Open Country MT's (295/70 R17) tires mounted on a set of offset wheels from 4wheel parts. There was a bit of trimming and cutting to get them to fit properly.
I didn't realize how rough the ride was until I drove it the other day, so I finally ordered Radflo coil overs to replace the equipment up front. Evidentially my wife has adjusted her driving to accommodate the ride. I'll get some photos on soon(when I can figure it out).

KonaPathinder

I figured it out

Postby KonaPathinder » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Here are a few shots of the rig, I'll try to get a clean photo of the swaybar fix.

Image[/img]

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:00 pm

nice ride! just need to replace those stock running boards with some super sliders :P

KonaPathinder

Good idea

Postby KonaPathinder » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:41 pm

The way my wife drives her Pathfinder, we probably need them!

KonaPathinder

A shot of the sway bar bracket reweld

Postby KonaPathinder » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Please excuse all the rust, we spend most of our free time at the beach and corrosion never sleeps around here!

akley88

Postby akley88 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:43 pm

volvite wrote:I'm still on my jeep forum and there have been plenty of horror stories about TAG and their lack of communication, customer service and quality. They show nice stuff, but it always seems to cost more money once you actually receive the item to make it fit to your rig.
This is why I'm just gonna go with shrockworks bumper.I've heard so many issues with tag and the owner who says that forums car just full of liars.

RCAPathfinder

Postby RCAPathfinder » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:04 pm

Sweet. I wish I went with the Calmini lift instead of the 4X4parts.com lift...

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Killer! :twisted:

akley88

Postby akley88 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:08 am

RCAPathfinder wrote:Sweet. I wish I went with the Calmini lift instead of the 4X4parts.com lift...
you can do both

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”