2006 PF Coil Springs

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

rannunziato

2006 PF Coil Springs

Postby rannunziato » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:48 pm

I have a 2006 Nissan PF, SE, V6, 4WD, Auto. My coil springs seem weak. When I go over a dip in the road or have a full compliment of passengers, the rear seems to bottom out, that is the springs completely compress. I recently replaced the shocks with rancho's but now it appears the springs may need to replaced as well. My question is can I replace them with a stiffer spring?, where can I find them?, what do I need to steer clear of when doing so? Or should I just replace w/OEM?

Please advise,

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Welcome to to the forum.

Here is a link that would help answer your question. It's an inexpensive mod that you can do and as you can tell, lots of members have found this mod to save their saggy rear end.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=3219

:D

rannunziato

2006 PF Coil Spring solution

Postby rannunziato » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:13 am

I love this forum. After reading all four pages of comments I purchased the Air Lift 60810 kit from Amazon. Actually looking forward to tackling this project. Beats painting the house anytime! Thank you Volvite. I'll get back to you with a follow up feedback after install. Now if I can only find the time, 3 kids, wife (OEM), 2 jobs, plus Rocko the dog.

Also, I read about a VP12 VOLO Performance Chip. What is this? What does it do? How do I install? Cost? etc.....

Please advise.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:17 am

I know what you mean about time management too. I've purchased my airlift but it has sat in my house now for 3 weeks. I've yet to install as I keep finding other projects that need done. Working out in the Cold garage does not sound all that fun to me either.

As for the Volo performance chip, I have not feedback. I'd PM Hfrez as he has installed it on his Pathfinder and has good reviews. I know he has started a thread on here somewhere.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”