The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Has your transmission failed yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Nissan Transmission FAIL
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Has your transmission failed yet, and have you done the Bypass?
My transmission died after the radiator failed :-(
26%
 26%  [ 28 ]
My transmission died on it's own for a separate problem.
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
My transmission is a-ok, and I did the Bypass Fix.
21%
 21%  [ 23 ]
My transmission is a-ok, no Bypass, fingers crossed!
48%
 48%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 107

disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivid,

Any luck finding a wrecked tranny or a reasonable rebuilder?

t

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 315000kms (195000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
Vividcard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly haven't even tried. Im keeping an updated topic on my dealings with this issue here: http://thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=9233 But the current bottom line is I am seeking legal representation and advice. So far the legal consultations have told me to have the Stealership do the repair as it is not argueable to the courts that something was done incorrectly and it is also properly documented with their company as well.. But we shall see, its not even been a week since the "Strawberry goodness" hit my truck like a semi full of Honda enthusiasts.

Realistically I have access to a connection that works with prison inmates to fix cars at a substantial discount on labor, but from what I'm told labor isn't the main cost driver. Sorry if I've been blowing up the forum's recently! I've not had my car to drive or tinker with... So most of my time goes here :/
*Strawberry Milkshake Sad
PokeyPrasch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transmission failure at 97.3k miles, unrelated to radiator issue. (2005 SE 4x4)

Tranny replaced (5k) and looking to replace radiator this week. (PM me if you've done this and know a good model)
bcfos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First tranny fail was at 45,872 miles. I was almost ready to do the claim on the payback option Nissan offered but held up for some strange reason. Now at 75,872 miles tranny number 2 and the replaced "upgraded" radiator have failed. Upon inspection that "upgraded" radiator was the exact same part number as the first one which failed. $7563.19 for that fix.

But after a heated discussion with the service manager of the local stealership about that this is covered by Nissan and I am getting some other issues worked out at no cost. Wink Like new carpet, drivers seat cover, lift gate struts, and the front and back bumper covers repainted.
Neffer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Transmission Fix Reply with quote

Tranny has been shuddering for about 8mo to a year now. I kept replacing the T fluid every 4000 to 5000 miles because out of warranty. This weekend it started to over heat for the first time and i read this forum and saw the by-pass for the first time. You guys (and Gals) are my heroes. Had milk shake in both radiator and tranny. Drained both completely, did the by-pass. It feels like new again. "hope it last" Otherwise, "I'll be Bock"!
RCAPathfinder

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Im having the tranny issue now.. I was too lazy to do the bypass. Actually I was going to do it this Friday. Now I have shuttering at 40mph and above... off to the dealer tmrw.
2008 Pathfinder. 3"suspension lift and 3" body lift on 265/70/17 Goodyear duratracs. Linexed grille, running boards. Skid Row and AO Tech skid plates. Plasti-dip hood, rims and rocker panel. Throttle body spacer and Airaid cold air intake. Air Lift 1000 @19 psi.
iheartmypathy

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCAPathfinder wrote:
I think Im having the tranny issue now.. I was too lazy to do the bypass. Actually I was going to do it this Friday. Now I have shuttering at 40mph and above... off to the dealer tmrw.

whats the verdict??
Ddonati

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Transmission fail Reply with quote

Brand new 2014 pathfinder platinum and already had transmission replaced once. Came back with Low gear disabled and stuttering again. How many times do you take it back before lemon law kicks in?
eieio
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Transmission fail Reply with quote

Ddonati wrote:
Brand new 2014 pathfinder platinum and already had transmission replaced once. Came back with Low gear disabled and stuttering again. How many times do you take it back before lemon law kicks in?

In California, three times for the same defect.
Document EVERYTHING! Wink

"I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"
xyrn99

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Yup it failed Reply with quote

My 2006 pathfinder SE off road fell victim to the radiator issue. Total cost to replace the radiator, rebuild transmission, and torque converter, and computer was $5089.00. Love my pathfinder, not really happy with Nissan.
weezys05path

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pathfinder jus recently went into limp mode...but it has been goin on and off... checked the transmission fluid while doin the bypass and found the liquid to be reddish brown but kinda milky... it's contaminated... went to a shop and they quoted me 4000 for rebuilding the tranny... really? I jus bought the car a month ago... wish I knew bout these issues before I bought the car... Sad jw, how long before the tranny goes out? This is my only commuter...
eieio
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weezys05path wrote:
jw, how long before the tranny goes out? This is my only commuter...

no telling........ Sad
how many miles on the truck?
what year?

weezys05path

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eieio wrote:
weezys05path wrote:

no telling........ Sad
what year?

about 147k on truck and its a 2005...
eieio
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weezys05path wrote:
eieio wrote:
weezys05path wrote:

no telling........ Sad
what year?

about 147k on truck and its a 2005...

ouch!
what's the cost difference between replacing with factory reman vs getting it rebuilt?

MakDizzle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO i got over 120k on my 05, I got the shuddering between 40-65 but I'm hoping its the u-joints. I checked my radiator cap and havent seen any contamination.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Nissan Transmission FAIL All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: