Headlamp wiring harness

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

klaus

Headlamp wiring harness

Postby klaus » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:28 am

Squirrels chewed off the wires flush with the ends of the male connectors and now I need to replace the drivers side harness wires complete with male connectors. I came up empty after a search of parts websites and a trip to my local Nissan dealer. No R51 Pathfinders at nearby salvage yards either.[I'm assuming the connectors/harness are the same for model years 2005-2012 but would like confirmation].

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Anyone know of an available R51 parts vehicle? All I need are the male connectors with a foot of attached wiring so I can splice it into the main harness.

A fallback solution might be to remove the remaing wires in the connectors with a pin disconnect tool and then rewire the connector using new pins and wires.

Here's a pic (#4) of the parts I need.

Thanks,
Jim
2008 LE

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:19 pm

You will probably be far better off removing the metal connectors from each plastic connector, uncrimping, then installing your own wire. I only say this because I ran into a similar issue with trying to locate the temp sensor for the rear view mirror. Small plastic part that attaches to the radiator up front, but the only way to get it from Nissan is to buy the entire wiring loom for the engine bay.

klaus

Postby klaus » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Getting desperate at this point since I've had no luck in fnding a used headlamp wiring harness.

Does anyone know the manufacturer and part # for a terminal disconnect/removal tool that will work to remove wires from the damaged male connectors for items 2, 5 and 6 shown in the first post diagram?
Lots of tools online but no way to know if they fit the connectors.

I can't be the only one with this problem.

Thanks.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:15 pm

The pin tools and terminals and weather seals for Nissan connectors are available in a terminal repair kit from Kent-Moore which any Nissan or Infiniti dealer should have; they were/are force-shipped to dealers as "required special service tools." I'm sure you don't want to pay dealer service dept. labor rates to fix them, but it would probably be cheaper than purchasing the Kent-Moore terminal kit. As far as the sockets, I think the 05-07 headlamps sockets are the same but I think they changed in 2008-and-later models. Individual connectors and terminals are sold seprately. So, you may want to see if Hands-on-tools can help you, as they are a distributor of Kent-Moore tools. I believe the pin tool kit is also available seperately. Their phone # is 1-866-943-7524. Here's a link to the terminal kit:

http://www.handsontools.com/Kent-Moore- ... 28451.html

klaus

Postby klaus » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Thanks for the information. I'll give handsontools a call tomorrow.

Return to “R51 Electrical”