fog lights

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

danny

fog lights

Postby danny » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:34 pm

anyone know what wires to jump out to allow the fog lights to come on with only the park lights on

fernando

Postby fernando » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:11 am

i have no idea but if you find out let me know that will be nice , maybe if you ask the question to another place more people will read it like in new member area because that's a good question

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:34 pm

Hm, yeah, very good question. It'll require staring at the wiring diagram for a while, but it should be doable. Conceptually speaking, the fog power probably goes through a relay, and that fog relay gets it's power from the headlight relay, so rewiring that power leg on the fog relay to ignition switched +12v power should do the trick.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:08 am

The only problem with that idea, is that they will be on even when the high beams are on. That is illegal in most areas. Usually you tap off of the low beam wiring, so they turn off when the high beams come on. I take it, that you didn't get the factory fog option on your Pathy? They actually do help with the immediate ground in front of you. Which is what they are supposed to do. The headlights are aimed pretty low from the factory, so you need to raise the beam using the turn screw. Then it's more balanced. I'll see if there is an easy tap for the fog's and let you know.

The low beam uses fuse 40 in the IPDM E/R through terminal 52. The IPDM is the big fuse block in the engine bay on the side with the battery. I hope this helps you.

Return to “General Automotive”