Bully Dog Retractable Install

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

thegovernor

Postby thegovernor » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 pm

disallow wrote:Its not EGT, its O2 sensor voltage.
Righhhhht... wrong data logger. :?

ThePainClinic

Postby ThePainClinic » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:14 pm

volvite wrote:
thegovernor wrote:
volvite wrote:I like it. How long have you had the bully dog? Is it worth the 300 price tag? I've been debating on making this purchase since I bought my pathfinder a year ago.
I've had it for 1.5 years, great programmer. Def worth the money. I went from 13 to 16 mpg on average, with towing & alot of junk in the back. I got 320 miles out of my last fill-up, no trailer towing & even mix of hwy/city driving.

I admit I am driving more efficiently with the gas buddy feature. Set with stock wot & 93 octane. I did my share of hot rodding though with the aggressive settings, luckily didn't get arrested. Good luck
That is my issue. I have the goodyear duratracs, taller than OEM, heavier than OEM, and I average on the hwy 13mpg. It's killing me. I didn't buy this SUV for mpgs, but 13 is low. With you showing an improvement from 13 to 16, that's huge in my book. it would pay for itself in fuel savings. Did you buy the Triple Dog GT Gas Gauge/Tuner (40410)? Any other additions that you have to include with your bully dog?
Where did you get the mount at? I was thinking of doing the same but need to get all the parts.

thegovernor

Postby thegovernor » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:49 pm

ThePainClinic wrote:
volvite wrote:
thegovernor wrote: I've had it for 1.5 years, great programmer. Def worth the money. I went from 13 to 16 mpg on average, with towing & alot of junk in the back. I got 320 miles out of my last fill-up, no trailer towing & even mix of hwy/city driving.

I admit I am driving more efficiently with the gas buddy feature. Set with stock wot & 93 octane. I did my share of hot rodding though with the aggressive settings, luckily didn't get arrested. Good luck
That is my issue. I have the goodyear duratracs, taller than OEM, heavier than OEM, and I average on the hwy 13mpg. It's killing me. I didn't buy this SUV for mpgs, but 13 is low. With you showing an improvement from 13 to 16, that's huge in my book. it would pay for itself in fuel savings. Did you buy the Triple Dog GT Gas Gauge/Tuner (40410)? Any other additions that you have to include with your bully dog?
Where did you get the mount at? I was thinking of doing the same but need to get all the parts.
Hey sorry so long replying. The mount was home grown. I used a sliding door bolt: www.homedepot.com/p/National-Hardware-4 ... /204380710

I cut it down to about 3" with a dremel & mounted it to a piece of plastic. I attached a 360* hdmi coupler, also from HD and then ran the wire through the back of the din pocket. The whole thing was screwed into the bottom of the din pocket so the Bully dog could slide in discreetly toward the top of the pocket. The only thing that was visible was the plastic mount

85armyguy

New Bully Dog Owner

Postby 85armyguy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Hello all, I just wanted to say that I have purchased and installed a 40417 Bully Dog Programmer to my 08 4.0L SE Pathfinder.
My original settings were WOT with maxed out speedometer, 91 Octane Performance mode and the Rev limiter left at stock.
I left it like that for a few days and noticed that I was loosing about 3 mpgs. So, I contacted tech support just to be sure that I could change the settings without a problem since it really didn't say how to change anything in the directions. After speaking with the tech representative, I found out that WOT will use up more gas. I also found out that I could make the change without any issues and he made a recommendation to try advancing the timing 2 degrees could help with increased fuel economy and power. I haven't tried the resetting the timing as of yet. I wanted to be sure that changing the WOT back to stock would return my mpg's which it seems to have done so. I am now comfortable with changing the timing to see if that helps. I will keep this up to date as I go along and my findings. I also inquired about a custom tune. The tech said that they haven't gotten a custom tune for our Pathfinder's as of yet.

selliott

Postby selliott » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:35 am

Any update with the advanced timing?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:15 pm

If you want a custom tune, look into UPREV. But, it's only worth it if you've made significant mods to the exhaust, intake and or engine. If your Pathy is stock, you are better off with the Superchips programmer or Bully Dog.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”