My raptorized Frontierfinder

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:23 am

I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do for an aftermarket bumper to fit on this.

It's an 08, and from what I see, there's a small piece/clip from a Frontier that goes in between the bumper and grille, where the 08+ Pathfinder is a solid piece.

I'm thinking that clip (105$ +paint) and a KMA bumper($550) would look good and most important of all, give better approach angles.

In your bumper search, is this what you've found to be true? I've seen your posts on ClubFrontier and it seems as if you have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:07 pm

NmexMAX wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do for an aftermarket bumper to fit on this.

It's an 08, and from what I see, there's a small piece/clip from a Frontier that goes in between the bumper and grille, where the 08+ Pathfinder is a solid piece.

I'm thinking that clip (105$ +paint) and a KMA bumper($550) would look good and most important of all, give better approach angles.

In your bumper search, is this what you've found to be true? I've seen your posts on ClubFrontier and it seems as if you have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject.
Hey NmexMAX, the piece you're referring to is the "Upper bumper cover." I don't believe any of the 2005 + Frontier upper bumper covers will fit the 2008 Pathfinder as the front bumper/grille/headlights were redesigned to accommodate the V8 engine in the 08 pathfinder. Check out this thread on CF:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/ ... der-46881/

The best thing to do in your situation is to cut the 1-piece Pathfinder bumper. I think that's what rragpaoa did to his '08 Pathfinder...

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ked+loaded

Diablo3662

Postby Diablo3662 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:35 am

thats a sick set up love the front looks way better about how much was the front swap and what did you do to fix the code ?

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Diablo3662 wrote:thats a sick set up love the front looks way better about how much was the front swap and what did you do to fix the code ?
Thanks Diablo. The front swap wasn't cheap... ran me slightly over $500 between the lights, grill, and upper bumper cover. As for the code, I had flooded cylinder 2 and fouled the spark plug. I cleared the code using my Bullydog GT, removed all the spark plugs, disconnected the fuse for the fuel pump, and then cleared the cylinder(s) by holding down the accelerator pedal while turning over the ignition. I then installed new plugs and connected everything back together.

09pathinbk

Postby 09pathinbk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:37 pm

would i be able to just wap out the headlights on my 08' pathy with a set of frontier light? The lights look sick bro. I have a winch bumper coming and my grill is already blacked out

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:07 pm

09pathinbk wrote:would i be able to just wap out the headlights on my 08' pathy with a set of frontier light? The lights look sick bro. I have a winch bumper coming and my grill is already blacked out
Thanks! Unfortunately I don't know if the headlights from late model (09+) frontiers will work on the 08 pathfinder.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”