painting interior????

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:35 pm

ok cool. would love some info on what to do. im good with soldering but i wanna make sure i get the right blubs. that write up you gave was helpfull but looking at my door controls they are also smd's dont know what size and i wanna change the a/c lights to. im definately going white with blue what kind of vinyl should i look for. sorry for being annoying just wanna make sure i do it right. RECAP (what size buld Cluster=1206 smd A/C=? Door controls=? Gear shifter=? and the ohms for them so they dont blow) thanks all and any.

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Sorry. All I know is that 1206 SMD are for the guage cluster. The window switches are either 3mm or 5mm LEDs, but I don't know since I had a friend of mine do them. You may want to read through these several threads to verify. That way you can see what trouble people ran into, such as recalibrating their needles, etc.

blue gauges

Led Swap Interior #2: AC Controls

Led Swap Interior #1: Cargo Switch/Gear selector

blue AND white gauges...

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm

thank you so much hollywood im hoping to do the lights while painting the interior. i cant believe that in clubfrontier the thread was so huge but no one has gone hard doing it on a pathfinder but i guess since its pretty much the same between the two. thanks so much again all and especially you hollywood

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Yea. It seems that clubfrontier and thenewx get the most traffic, while hardly any traffic on here. Since all 3 vehicles are closely related, I usually visit the other 2 sites. Whenever I check up on this site, I only see that there are a few threads created since my last login.

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:17 am

thanks again you have been very helpfull. if by chance you know off hand of anyone who has figured out a good independent fog light rewire ive found and read quite a few and for they are all informative but not to helpfull.

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:20 am

and by that i mean so that i can turn them on and off using the factory switch.
wow :shock: didnt realize that on the post it says 5am its 9am here in florida :D

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:28 am

They list that it's only compatible with the 03-08 G35 coupe and 04-07 Maxima. I think because those are the only ones that have been verified. I am not good with electronics, but maybe you can have a look at this and see if it works. If so, I would purchase it as well because I want the same as you...to have independent control of the fog lights and to be able to turn them on when just the parking lights are on:

http://kptechnologies.com/products.php#/12

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:04 am

i was looking around and of all write ups ( i mean must have read at least 15 ) this one i found is the most informative as far as a DIY goes it would be great to just buy a piece and have it work but with the uncerainty i rather try a low cost way first. im not sure of your factory setup but mine is identical to the one in this post

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41057

hollywoodstylin

Postby hollywoodstylin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:20 am

Nice find.

alyoung

Postby alyoung » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:31 pm

yea. it took me a while but i found a good one and if you click on the clubfrontier link in that thread Booth236 shows an alternative that helps a forgetfull person like me who would leave the fogs on and not know ending in dead batt..

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”