HID Lights Installation Tips

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:20 pm

volvite wrote:That sucks. You would have thought going this long, someone would have made some projector headlamps for the 08+ pathfinders.
Yes it's odd to me because at this point there are more '08+ models on the road than '05-'07. The headlights are really the only thing that I truly dislike about this vehicle. Not as big of a deal in the summer, but now it's dark going to work and coming home. I can see quite well with the aux lights but if there are any cars around you're stuck with the lousy low-beams.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:40 pm

skinny2 wrote:
volvite wrote:That sucks. You would have thought going this long, someone would have made some projector headlamps for the 08+ pathfinders.
Yes it's odd to me because at this point there are more '08+ models on the road than '05-'07. The headlights are really the only thing that I truly dislike about this vehicle. Not as big of a deal in the summer, but now it's dark going to work and coming home. I can see quite well with the aux lights but if there are any cars around you're stuck with the lousy low-beams.
Exactly

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:05 pm

wonder if there's any way to retro fit that 05-07 lens assembly to a 08+.....

meaning like take the guts out of the 07 housing and put it in the 08. really like the way those look

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:10 pm

There are a couple companies that will build projectors into the factory housings. Figure a grand to get it done right plus a doner pair of OEM housings. I've yet to find a shop that's done a PF and can guarantee results though. You could DIY if you have the time. There's a shop in VA (or MD) that will sell you all the parts.

I've had the projectors from CARID because originally they were advertised as fitting the '08 but once I got them realized they weren't going to work. The difference between '05-'07 and '08+ is not much, but they have a slightly different curve to fit into the opening/fender properly and the mounts are off by about an inch. I have my doubts the guts would fit properly.

Return to “R51 Electrical”