The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Scotchgard Paint Protection Film

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Detailing Details
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gray

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Scotchgard Paint Protection Film Reply with quote

Have any here used Scotchgard Paint Protection Film, any downsides or problems with the product? Any other comparable installs. Thanks.

Scotchgard Paint Protection Film

Danguy426

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wassup greybrick
I have the 3m protective film on my truck and let me tell you. When that mofo rearended me in my driveway and pushed my car right thru a solid wooden garage door, i feared the worst. Not only were there no dents to my front end, when they peeled the film off to inspect for paint damage... not a single nick or scrape of any sort. Money well spent. it is supposed to absorb pebble damage up to about 60 MPH. I have it on my front bumper, front fenders, hood, headlights and foglamps.

A few downsides. its an expensive job (cost me 950 just for the front end) then you have to worry about finding a licensed person to do the install.
I went with these guys who are in new jersey
http://www.clearfilmprotection.com/

the film has to be replaced every 7-10 years or so. Or as needed depending if it takes on any damage. It also has to be maintained with a special cleaner (which isn't so bad.. just incorporate it into your car washing routine)

Aside from the $$$ it was one of the best investments i've made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Detailing Details All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: