Bedlining the roof gutters mod.

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

squarebody

Postby squarebody » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:21 am

How about just scuff then paint brush in chassis saver? Of course tape off the top edge of the gutter prior.

Limey

Re:

Postby Limey » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:56 am

squarebody wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:21 am
How about just scuff then paint brush in chassis saver? Of course tape off the top edge of the gutter prior.
Yeah that’s what I’m going to be doing soon.
I’ve noticed on my 2009 white SE the usual both sides of the paint on the roof channels are cracked and flaked off. But on mine it continues halfway down to the edge of the passenger windshield to A frame.

I guess the only fortune is that the vehicle wasn’t in a rust belt area so no rust yet

Limey

Re: Bedlining the roof gutters mod.

Postby Limey » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:35 am

I wonder if something like this would be overkill ?

https://por15.com/collections/fillers-a ... ucts/patch Sounds appealing to me as its also in white and going to be as easy as caulking after minor prep is done.

Limey

Postby Limey » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:26 pm

Anyone used Por15 Patch seam sealer ? Might not look as nice as painting but I think it’ll do the job ? Comes in white also and apparently UV resistant.

Edit. Losing my mind here. I already posted earlier about it lol.

NoCode

Postby NoCode » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:58 am

Just wanted to provide an update from my first round of bedlining my gutters in 2015 (posts are still posted a few pages back in this thread). I got about 6 years out of the first attempt (they really needed to be done about a year ago). The bedlining started to crack and flake off, along with some additional paint peel. But this really only happened on the passenger side, the driver side had started to crack a bit but not peel off. Honestly I'm not even sure I did enough prep work the first time and probably didn't put enough coats on (by brush) and still got about 6 years out of it. And that is staying outside 24/7, not in a garage. Pretty satisfied with that.

I just recoated them this week again. Brushing on again and putting on 2 coats. I'm a little concerned about where there's new paint flake along the inner side of the gutter, but I'm just putting it on thick in those spots. Additionally, while I taped off the gutter when I did the driver's side, I just went freehand on the pass side. My line's not even, but no one can see it unless you are above it looking down, so I didn't care, plus it saved a ton of time not having to tape it off. Appreciate all the tips and guidance you all provided over the years on this issue. Some great info on this forum.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”