cruise control dropping out

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

asgard

cruise control dropping out

Postby asgard » Fri May 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Well last night I engaged the cruise control and it engaged and then after about 1 minute it dropped out , I did not touch the brakes, the brake lights were not on and the cruise was set at 110kph.
I tried it again today and it did the same again , this time at 60kph.
The car is a 2007 LE with 63000kms.
I have additional warranty but wondered if anyone has had the same issue.
No fault codes are listed.

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:22 am

Just something to consider, are you resting your foot on the gas pedal? if you are, as soon as it detects pressure it cancels cruise AFAIK.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:27 am

dared3vil00 wrote:Just something to consider, are you resting your foot on the gas pedal? if you are, as soon as it detects pressure it cancels cruise AFAIK.
my '08 doesnt. i usually set it at cruise then accelerate to pass someone. once i release the gas, it slows down and goes back to the speed i set it to cruise at earlier

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon May 14, 2012 9:02 am

mar1 wrote: my '08 doesnt. i usually set it at cruise then accelerate to pass someone. once i release the gas, it slows down and goes back to the speed i set it to cruise at earlier
Exactly how it works on mine also. The only time my cruise has cut out on me involved an incline, but it has been incredibly rare. Never had a problem with it on flat ground.

asgard

Postby asgard » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:59 am

So I have eventually tracked down the problem. I was thinking it had something to do with the install of my P3 brake controller but it was not. I had just day before purchased an Ultra Gauge unit to read engine data and fault codes etc. I also wanted to see if by having the instant MPG I could hype mile.
http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

Anyway it appears that the 07 has the somewhat basic 9141 protocol for the OBD. It also appears that Nissan use some of the pins in the ODB port for other things than are normally recognized in the setup. So after having the turn signals stop clicking, flashing erratically , the sunroof failing to close and the cruise dropping out, it all stemmed from the ultra gauge scanning the OBD port and crossing over the signals.
After a bit of support it appears you can apply a forced protocol link to just some pins and still get all the 9141 outputs. Applied and problems gone.
The ultra gauge is a tidy little unit, doesn't give trans temp like some others but at the cost no big deal. i have believe it or not increased my mpg, just by watching the instant mpg when coasting, a slight lift of the throttle and you get about 2 extra mpg. More sport than anything else.
It does some good stuff, just in case anyone else has bought one and is having issues.

StumpyG

Postby StumpyG » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Had this issue on my 06.
Took it into Nissan and it was the park neutral switch.

Now replaced (under extended guarantee) and working fine..

Return to “R51 Electrical”