Code Scanners

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

phrozeinglass

Code Scanners

Postby phrozeinglass » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:04 am

I am looking to get a code scanner for my '05 Pathfinder... Does anyone own one or could give me a good recommendation for one?

Thanks!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Are you looking just for your Pathfinder? What else do you want it to do? Reason I ask, you can buy a programer like a bully dog... http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID= ... del=NISSAN PATHFINDER

Which will allow you to do more than just read codes. You can find them less expensive on Amazon.com and such.

However if you want to be able to use it in other vehicles you would be better off with a universal reader that you could buy from a parts store or such. I actually have one of these and it works great. However I'm also looking into the bully dog for my pathfinder.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:00 pm

It all depends on what capabilities you want. If you only want something to read and erase OBD II "P-codes," then Walmart sells one for around $65 that works fine. If you want something to read freeze frame data or datastream data, then it'l be considerably more.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:23 pm

I've found my $50 scan tool from Advance to be good enough for my needs. I've only used it twice but it's already paid for itself.

Return to “R51 Electrical”