Sat and iPod in '06

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

caseyr02

Sat and iPod in '06

Postby caseyr02 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:40 am

Does anyone have the factory installed iPod interface and/or factory installed Satelite? If so I have a couple of questions...

#1 - With the Ipod, I'm curious how well the interface works (ie: does it display across the screen, sound quality, etc.)

#2 - Is the factory installed Satelite radio controlled all in dash, or does it require the external player. (I know that you you have to pay the extra $300 bucks at the dealer for the tuner, but does that mean that it works via your radios controls?)

Middle Man

Postby Middle Man » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:53 am

XM is all built in the dash. Controls in dash or left thumb on the steering wheel. The information display is rather limited (nothing like the XM aftermarket units) and you can select four different displays. I have been disappointed with the sound quality of XM.

I am not sure if you can run both XM and IPOD, my understanding is it is an either or proposition.

caseyr02

Postby caseyr02 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:38 am

So what all comes across on the display? Just station name or does the artist/track title scroll across too?

Middle Man

Postby Middle Man » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:56 am

No scrolling on XM stations, just your choice of station number, station name, or artist IIRC. FM stations that broadcast with a digital signal can do a little more. The FM station name or the song/artist will display or scroll, but that is the broadcaster's choice.

Burt

Postby Burt » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:50 am

The X-M quality works fine for me but the interface compared to another 3rd party mfg on a Tahoe is limited. When searching names you only get 7 or 8 digits of info and no scrolling. The button sequence is also convoluted compared to others I have used. If I were to do it over I would be checking to see if the limitations are the factory Bose radio or the X-M and Ipod interfaces.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”